JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 9 camera freezes

(Topic created: 10-07-2018 12:38 AM)
Sopopc123
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I've noticed that on my note 9, that the camera freezes while taking pictures. It's worse while shooting videos with a lot of lagging. 

I don't know if anyone one else have experienced this.

812 Replies
quethrosar
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

is it reproducable for you all at samsung? im sure we'd be glad to exchange our devices.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

My cameras auto mode is now lagging. I just missed a couple important shots because my camera app just crashed... 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@SamsungNik can you give us anything beyond provide our basebands? We've been doing that for weeks.

Has Samsung been able to reproduce this issue? Is it a hardware problem? Should I return my phone? Should I exchange it?

The whole point of having a smartphone camera is that it works when I need to take a photo. My camera doesn't even work in Auto mode anymore. And I paid $1400 for this thing!

0 Likes
BakaNeko
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

This just started happening on mine today. It seems to be worse when the phone is warm. 

Model SM-N960U

Baseband N960USQS1ARI5

Build Number M1AJQ. N960USQS1ARI5

Kernel 4.9.65-14091849

Carrier AT&T

I can't do without my phone. If this is going to involve sending the phone in, I will require a loaner in advance... 

0 Likes
Mikebluv
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Model: SM-N960U

Baseband: N96OUSQS1ARH6 

Carrier: Tmobile

0 Likes
userBnua0ZzzUa
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I'm having the same problem 😭

0 Likes
TeslaDude
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

To add to the issue, when adding cards to Samsung Pay, the view finder constantly freezes. Samsung needs to fix this, fast!!

0 Likes
TheDaniel
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I've only read a couple pages of this, but I'm assuming all the pages are identical.

Try wiping off the lens with a soft clean cloth, and clearing the data from your camera app.

---My Signature---
If you're anticipating a follow up to one of my posts, please like my post or tag me. I don't generally go back to posts I have replied to unless I get pointed there.
0 Likes
ManWithJoeName
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@TheDaniel wrote:

I've only read a couple pages of this, but I'm assuming all the pages are identical.

Try wiping off the lens with a soft clean cloth, and clearing the data from your camera app.

If the lens is dirty, the camera is smart enough to detect that and let you know. Also "clean the lens" is the first thing most of us try.

If you have a Note 9 and no freezing issues please run the AIDA64 app and let us know what camera you have.

0 Likes
Gargox
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I'm freezing with the Sony cameras.

Does Samsung even acknowledge a problem because if I get told clear data and restart one more time I'm going to get very annoyed

0 Likes