JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 9 camera freezes

(Topic created: 10-07-2018 03:12 PM)
Sopopc123
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I've noticed that on my note 9, that the camera freezes while taking pictures. It's worse while shooting videos with a lot of lagging. 

I don't know if anyone one else have experienced this.

812 Replies
user0y6sCaTD7A
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I've been having the problem with FHD. I've gone through and toggled on and off as many features as I can think of. With a lot of them, it seems to fix the problem for about 30 seconds, but then starts back again.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Hmm try switching to WQHD+ and see if it changes anything
0 Likes
user0y6sCaTD7A
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
No. No change for me.
0 Likes
user0y6sCaTD7A
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Same with switching to HD
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Well for me switching to FHD+ stopped the lag, but now about 2 hours later it did come back. I switched back to WQHD+ and it's gone again. And 10 minutes later the lag is back in WQHD+.

So yea this isn't really helping anything.

And to clarify, I meant change the display resolution not the recording video resolution. Change the display resolutions in the phone's settings and Display settings

0 Likes
user0y6sCaTD7A
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Yes, I was changing display resolution
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Mine has always been on FHD and still problem

0 Likes
jeffcarp
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I just discovered that other apps that use the camera for barcode scanning are not working. The barcode is never recognized. The same apps worked fine on my Note 8. When looking at the screen to see the barcode that the camera is focused on, the barcode has all kinds of digital noise in it.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

As I said earlier Sony camera on my phone AND it's not just the app as I was usingOpen Camera to make a video and LAG!!!!!  SO FRUSTRATING! $1000 PHONE SAMSUNG- A lot of money for a problematic device!  If you haven't checked your camera model on phone load aida64. See if  it's Sony or a Samsung camera.  Resolution  doesn't matter, comes back, reset, clearing cache, it comes back!

0 Likes
usery8vKd9Vh3e
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Mine is a sony as well not sure why but is that an issue?

0 Likes