JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 9 camera freezes

(Topic created: 10-08-2018 11:15 PM)
Sopopc123
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I've noticed that on my note 9, that the camera freezes while taking pictures. It's worse while shooting videos with a lot of lagging. 

I don't know if anyone one else have experienced this.

812 Replies
userT80yY1KMxL
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Well said ✌ I'm having the same issue. Has Samsung come through w a fix? 

Camera and video freezes! I'm about to go public w this! I know alot of people  in very high places.

0 Likes
TeslaDude
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Mine has the Sony IMX345 rear-facing camera as well! I really hope this is not an uncorrectable hardware issue. Samsung, what's going on???

0 Likes
KPsquared
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Mine is too! I have the 512gb model. Pretty ridiculous. Hopefully they'll fix it before it becomes a "gate".

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

It's been over a month. Tried to use my camera today, freezing in Auto mode the entire time. After a few shots the camera won't show an image and it's just black. Closed the camera app and reopened and same thing. All camera modes show black with no image. Third party apps like Open Camera also didn't work at all and the camera was completely black.

Samsung I've missed my return deadline for your $1400 phone with a completely unusable camera. Do something

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Here's a video of my phone earlier today.
https://youtu.be/Lv7l3ew6kyw

The moment I opened the camera app for the first time today, Auto mode was lagging and freezing. I managed to take 5 pictures or so and it starts doing this.

Image is completely black in all camera apps (stock, Open Camera, GCAM) and even from lockscreen shortcut.

This is completely ridiculous for a $1400 device...
0 Likes
johnsonroda27
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

When is this going to be fixed? This is a joke..

0 Likes
SL321
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

The pixel 3 is looking better by the day

johnsonroda27
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Heres an example of my camera freezing. Happens almost every time. Missed my kid blowing out his candles.. kind of annoying..

https://youtu.be/noRXFZMC2aI

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I know the October security patch with the camera enhancements has already been released to the international exynos devices. I wonder if they delay to release to NA could have something to do with this issue? 

Someone mentioned above it's behaving like a memory leak and I definitely agree. 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

That is exactly what is happening when I'm using the note 9 camera! Samsung Cole or Samsung Larry we haven't heard from you guys in awhile.  Can you please give us an update?!!

0 Likes