JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 9 camera freezes

(Topic created: 10-11-2018 11:44 AM)
Sopopc123
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I've noticed that on my note 9, that the camera freezes while taking pictures. It's worse while shooting videos with a lot of lagging. 

I don't know if anyone one else have experienced this.

812 Replies
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I just spoke to a representative from the Samsung's Office of the President after I sent them an email providing as much information as we have collected as a community on this problem.

They will contact the various teams of technicians to make this a known issue if it isn't already and follow up with me regarding the next steps to resolve it.

They originally insisted I send my device in for a "repair". My issue with the repair now when Samsung may or may not even be aware of the problem is that ultimately, if this is a software problem, sending my device in for a "repair" won't make any difference if the software isn't fixed. And they're certainly not going to come up with a new software update just for my device.

If it's determined to be a hardware problem, then we'll go through the necessary steps to physically repair the phone.

But until Samsung is even made aware this is a problem, we're just screaming behind a closed door.

A tech support representative did explain to me a couple days ago that the way issues like this gets escalated is different than something like the Note 7 explosions. Issues that cause liability and harm gets escalated immediately and even in those cases Samsung took weeks to address the problem. For problems like this where it's just an inconvenience, the escalation process could take way longer apparently.

So I urge everyone here to call Samsung tech support, explain the issue and the various steps you've taken to try and resolve it (restart/reset/safe mode, etc) and reference this thread and the various other places people have reported this issue. Ask for this to be escalated. The more people that report this problem, the less it seems like an isolated case.

We've been posting about this problem on this forum for over a month and it still may not be a known issue. Everyone needs to start bringing this problem to their attention or we'll never get a fix.

Call: 1-800-SAMSUNG

Office of the President: officeofpresident@sea.samsung.com

Options
Galaxy Note Phones

The fact that Samaung is still unaware of this issues tells me  alot about Samsung as a company.

0 Likes
MikeBates
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I too am having this problem with my Samsung Note 9, Verizon model, 128gb and my previous unlocked 128gb version I got from Best Buy, but returned due to this issue.  My Camera is the Sony IMX345 per the AIDA64 app.  The problem affects the video recording most often.  Sadly the lag/freezing episodes are recorded into the video itself, ruining the video.  I recorded my sister in law saying her vows two weeks ago--the video was ruined.  It happens about 25% of the time for me so I'm nervious anytime I use the phone to record video as I'm just waiting for it to happen.

I have returned the first phone (which was unlocked version from Best Buy) and bought brand new Verizon version from Verizon and they both had/have same issue.  I have changed video recording resolution from everthing from UHD 60fps down to FHD and get the issue.  A soft reset temporarily fixes the problem for a few hours but it alwasy comes back.  I have cleared cache, done a force stop, reset camera settings to default, changed storage to internal, and like I said, even bought a new phone.  

Samsung support on the phone and chat has been shockingly uninformed.  I have declined the suggestions to send my phone in for repair as its clearly not an issue with my phone.  

This has been so frustrating but the biggest disappointment has been the lack of response from Samsung.  I too recently switched from iPhone X and have been raving to my friends about the Note 9--I obviously feel pretty stupid at this point.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Your experience has been the exact same as pretty much everyone here. Make sure you call them back and ask for this issue to be escalated. 

0 Likes
Mikebluv
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

emailed Office of the President: officeofpresident@sea.samsung.com with issie and links to youtube vidoes as proof. 

0 Likes
userD2oZDu2o4R
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
This is ridiculous I should've have returned the phone. Everyone I know with a note 9 has this problem. If you can't take photo you need the camera is useless. The camera is so unreliable they might as well not include one.
0 Likes
jeffcarp
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

As many as possible should also send a message to the Samsung Support Twitter handle @SamsungSupport

0 Likes
TeslaDude
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@jeffcarp wrote:

As many as possible should also send a message to the Samsung Support Twitter handle @SamsungSupport

I did, but no one responds.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userD2oZDu2o4R
Tell everyone you know that has the Note 9 to call Samsung or email the office of the president email I posted and make this issue known.

They won't fix it unless everyone complains. The first few times I called about this issue Samsung technical support didn't even know they have a community forum. My first call took 30 minutes on the phone trying to explain to them how to access their own Samsung community forum...

This issue doesn't cause our phone to explode so if we don't bang on their doors, nothing is going to be done.

0 Likes
userD2oZDu2o4R
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

The last time I called Samsung support they didn't even know about Note9. I'll email support to see what they say. 

0 Likes