JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 9 camera freezes

(Topic created: 10-13-2018 08:52 AM)
Sopopc123
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I've noticed that on my note 9, that the camera freezes while taking pictures. It's worse while shooting videos with a lot of lagging. 

I don't know if anyone one else have experienced this.

812 Replies
userCU1uo3wgqo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Dang, when is Samsung gonna fix this problem?  I don't even have a Note 9, but it's preventing me from getting one.

0 Likes
TheRabbi
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

You can always try one and use the heck out of the camera during the return period to see if you get the issue. 

But yeah, if I could do it over, I would have kept my Note 8, and I don't know if I'll be buying the S10 and Note 10 any more. 

0 Likes
TeslaDude
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

For Samsung to have not already publicly announced and acknowledged the issue and provided us with some glimmer of hope is very disappointing, to say the least!! News agencies are just starting to write about it, so hopefully it will gain critical mass soon! My camera is absolutely unable to capture video without freezing every 5 seconds. I have never experienced any issues of this magnitude with ANY of my iPhones. I should have kept my iPhone X.

Perhaps, we can organize a rally outside of one of Samsung's stores or offices. How many of you are in Silicon Valley?

Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Doubt that'll do any good. Just call Samsung make sure they escalate it for you and don't let them blow you off with "take it to ubreakifix" or "send it in and we'll magically fix it even though it's obviously a software issue" 

Escalating it forces them to recognize that people are having this problem. For weeks the tech support kept saying it's an isolated problem. It's obviously not 

0 Likes
TheRabbi
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Again today. Not good.

https://youtu.be/yYgf3J8KwRM

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
0 Likes
TeslaDude
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Well, the problem with merely having them escalate is that you're complaining in isolation and they can choose to continue saying that you're the only one calling and reporting the issue. If we create a mob and make a spectacle, perhaps the news agencies will televise it. I don't know about you, but I can't wait around and hope Samsung decides to acknowledge the issue. I've missed capturing so many important videos and photos, it has been painful!!
0 Likes
userz1zrQsbBtt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hey Samsung

I am still facing the camera freezing issue  . have tried everything which you guys have recommended but nothing worked . THis is really frustating that you cant take pictures or videos with a  $1000 phone.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Samsung is hiding in the corner hoping this will just blow over some how...

Tick...tick...tick......

Samsung where are you...?

0 Likes
user0y6sCaTD7A
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Any tips on getting this escalated? I've tried with chat and phone and they refuse to send me to anyone else, claiming that sending the phone in (5-7 day turnaround) is the only thing they can offer me since I don't live near any certified repair shops.

My kids birthday is at the beginning of next month and I don't want this issue popping up at the worst possible time.

0 Likes
quethrosar
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I won't be buying another Samsung watch now. This will probably be my last Samsung phone too. This camera thing shouldn't be an issue.

0 Likes