JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 9 camera freezes

(Topic created: 10-13-2018 06:35 PM)
Sopopc123
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I've noticed that on my note 9, that the camera freezes while taking pictures. It's worse while shooting videos with a lot of lagging. 

I don't know if anyone one else have experienced this.

812 Replies
TeslaDude
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Honestly, same for me. Back to Apple I go. It has been a rude awakening for me, trying to escape the grip of Apple and its well-developed ecosystem. I thought Samsung had improved technologically and as a company.  I guess I was wrong. Back to the world of absent headphone jacks, finger print readers and a nightmare of dongles. At least they work!!

0 Likes
MikeBates
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi all. I wanted to follow up on my post from few days ago. I finally caved and took my phone to Ubreakifix even though I was extremely skeptical at the suggestion from Samsung. This was on Thursday, 10/11/18 .  They did "reflash" the software on my phone which the technician explained as going a step further than doing a hard reset as it does something with the partitions on the phone which a hard reset doesn't.  Anyway....I will say that I have not had the issue with the camera or video freezing since they did that and I have been trying to use it pretty heavily to test it.  I have put most all of my apps back on the phone and have been using the phone as I did before I took it in...without the issue.  The reason I have a bit more confidence that this may have actually helped is b/c I have noticed other software differnces that make me think this software is slightly different than what came on the phone from Verizon.  For instance, when I write a screen-off-note, it is now the signature yellow ink.  My phone actually never did that initially.  Also, when I try to back up my samsung gallery photos, the little menu option now says Verizon cloud.  It used to say Samsung cloud.  So it does actually seem like the software is subtly different than it was before.  That combined with the fact that the issue hasn't occurred again makes me think it may be worth a shot if you're near one of their service areas.  It took about 35 minutes total.  Hope my phone continues to work well and it helps you all too.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Keep us updated on that. I have the US unlocked model and have done this but did not fix anything. Full wipe and reset as well as full install of latest update from recovery. 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userI4q3GCFuFx wrote:

I have the US unlocked model and have done this but did not fix anything. Full wipe and reset as well as full install of latest update from recovery. 

Which firmware version?

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@MikeBates wrote:

They did "reflash" the software on my phone which the technician explained as going a step further than doing a hard reset as it does something with the partitions on the phone which a hard reset doesn't.

What was your previous firmware version, and what is the version now that seems to be working?

0 Likes
TeslaDude
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have sent email to that email address. Honestly, I don't think they care. Samsung has continued to remain silent on the issue, despite all the discussions and attempts at emailing them directly. I have not received a single reply acknowledging that they've received my email. Most reputable companies at least reply saying that your message has been received.

0 Likes
Mikebluv
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I recieved a reply to my email a few days later and am working with a representative now. Will provide an update if anything of value comes up. 

0 Likes
userT80yY1KMxL
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I'm having the same issue; camera and video freezing while taking picture and video. Has Samsung come through w a FIX?!

I'm about to go public w this! I know alot of people  in very HIGH places.

0 Likes
SL321
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

You better go public we haven't heard anything in over a month

0 Likes
Tim Dogg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I agree, this has been going on for how long now and still NO ANSWERS. I may have to go back to Apple. At least when they have a large issiue like this, they push out the fix within a weeks time if not less. 

0 Likes