JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 9 camera freezes

(Topic created: 10-15-2018 07:27 PM)
Sopopc123
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I've noticed that on my note 9, that the camera freezes while taking pictures. It's worse while shooting videos with a lot of lagging. 

I don't know if anyone one else have experienced this.

812 Replies
Kodiaksrevenge
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Yeah none of that works....I have done the cache, I have deleted the cache partition - None of it works, I have resorted to factory resetting it 3 times in the last week and to be honest, I only did it to humor myself as it still locks up - Not just in camera, in email, navigation and simply when I am just trying to my home screen. I am being directed to go to a Verizon Corporate store to have them look at it and possibly flash it and ultimately replace because of hardware. I feel like Samsung just has us chasing our tail right now.
0 Likes
StacyV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Nope, turned Smart Stay off and video recording still freezes. 

0 Likes
johnsonroda27
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

everyone needs to post the living s*** on social media and email all tech blogs.. the only thing thats going to help is making them ackowledge it through the bad press

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I got a phone call 2 days after my email to office of the president... 

They requested me to send my phone in but was able to expedite the "repair". I didn't because of what's been posted before but I asked them escalate it to the necessary departments to make this a known issue and to call me with any and all updates on this problem. 

The more people that escalate this to them, the faster they'll resolve this. 

And to respond to the person asking for the firmware version I'm using a US unlocked phone with baseband N960U1UES1ARH6 and Build number M1AJQ.N960U1UES1ARH6.

My update screen says:

The latest updates have already been installed.

Current version: N960U1UES1ARH6/N960U1OYM1ARH6/N960U1UES1ARH6

Security patch level: September 1, 2018

0 Likes
MikeBates
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I dont see anything called firmware version but I do see:

Baseband version: N960USQS1ARH6

Build number: M1AJQ.N960USQS1ARH6

As I was typing this message, I tested the video camera again.  The problem is back.  Sorry everyone...seemed like it was actually fixed.  What a bummer.  

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@MikeBates wrote:

I dont see anything called firmware version but I do see:

Baseband version: N960USQS1ARH6

Build number: M1AJQ.N960USQS1ARH6

As I was typing this message, I tested the video camera again.  The problem is back.  Sorry everyone...seemed like it was actually fixed.  What a bummer.  

That should be the same phone and firmware version I'm on. So if it's back then yea the issue isn't fixed

0 Likes
TeslaDude
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userI4q3GCFuFx:

I, too, received a phone call today from the office of the president at Samsung. They wanted me to send my phone in for repair, but I explained that the issue was widespread and likely not an isolated problem and that since I use my phone for work, there was no way I could send it in without an immediate replacement. I requested that they document and acknowledge the issue and keep me posted on a fix. They said they would and confirmed that they had received many calls regarding the camera freezing on the Note 9. Finally, I asked them to send me email documenting our conversation, and they did. Things are starting to look up!

0 Likes
quethrosar
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

hopes not up that's for sure. 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Awesome yea that's what I had requested as well. The more people that report this the more they'll have to do something about it

@TeslaDude wrote:

@userI4q3GCFuFx:

I, too, received a phone call today from the office of the president at Samsung. They wanted me to send my phone in for repair, but I explained that the issue was widespread and likely not an isolated problem and that since I use my phone for work, there was no way I could send it in without an immediate replacement. I requested that they document and acknowledge the issue and keep me posted on a fix. They said they would and confirmed that they had received many calls regarding the camera freezing on the Note 9. Finally, I asked them to send me email documenting our conversation, and they did. Things are starting to look up!

0 Likes
TheDaniel
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Two things. As far as I can tell, this is an issue with the 512 version. If you have the 128 and have camera problems, note this so it's not part of my case file.

Second, another user posted that a software refresh fixed this. Other replies argued that a factory reset, rebooting the phone and staring at it with a mean look did not fix it. These are not the same thing. For those who dont feel like reading past the current page, I will copy/paste their post. If all you want to do is publically complain without hoping for a resolution, carry on...

Re: Note 9 camera freezes 

Hi all. I wanted to follow up on my post from few days ago. I finally caved and took my phone to Ubreakifix even though I was extremely skeptical at the suggestion from Samsung. This was on Thursday, 10/11/18 .  They did "reflash" the software on my phone which the technician explained as going a step further than doing a hard reset as it does something with the partitions on the phone which a hard reset doesn't.  Anyway....I will say that I have not had the issue with the camera or video freezing since they did that and I have been trying to use it pretty heavily to test it.  I have put most all of my apps back on the phone and have been using the phone as I did before I took it in...without the issue.  The reason I have a bit more confidence that this may have actually helped is b/c I have noticed other software differnces that make me think this software is slightly different than what came on the phone from Verizon.  For instance, when I write a screen-off-note, it is now the signature yellow ink.  My phone actually never did that initially.  Also, when I try to back up my samsung gallery photos, the little menu option now says Verizon cloud.  It used to say Samsung cloud.  So it does actually seem like the software is subtly different than it was before.  That combined with the fact that the issue hasn't occurred again makes me think it may be worth a shot if you're near one of their service areas.  It took about 35 minutes total.  Hope my phone continues to work well and it helps you all too

---My Signature---
If you're anticipating a follow up to one of my posts, please like my post or tag me. I don't generally go back to posts I have replied to unless I get pointed there.