JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 9 camera freezes

(Topic created: 10-17-2018 09:18 AM)
Sopopc123
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I've noticed that on my note 9, that the camera freezes while taking pictures. It's worse while shooting videos with a lot of lagging. 

I don't know if anyone one else have experienced this.

812 Replies
TeslaDude
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@jeffcarp wrote:

I think you're giving way too much weight to any information that the "Office of the President" knows at this point. That's just a fancy name for an elevated tier of customer support. There's nearly zero chance imo, that any tier of customer support knows anything about this issue.

Samsung Electronics has over 300,000 employees. In any organization with that many employees, this issue is attempting to find its way through a bureaucratic nightmare in multiple countries to the small team that has the technical aptitude to assess and fix the issue.  If it involves Sony also, lord help us. Whether the issue has actually reached that team or not, we have no way of knowing. There's no chance that customer support is coordinating with that team and formulating a hushed recall of the phones.

Any suggestion to send the phone back is likely because that's the point that customer service has reached in their standard customer service scripting tool. Likewise, when this issue is fixed, the Internet will know it before any tier of customer support will be informed about it. If the fix is documented, that document will leak.

Similarly, I also put zero weight into this "Samsung doesn't care" nonsense. There's likely 1M of these phones in the market by now. If 500 people are raising this issue (probably more like 100) that's 0.05% of sales. It isn't that Samsung doesn't care, it's that the issue isn't big enough to have  jostled a massive bureaucratic web of a company the size of Samsung yet. The fact that we have two Samsung staff members in this forum that have detailed knowledge of the problem, including example videos, and are willing to keep us somewhat informed is more than we could ever hope for. But it's highly unlikely that they have any connection to the people that fix the problem or even know who/where they are.

In my opinion, there's exactly three people to listen to on this issue: either of the two Samsung staff members in this forum or a credible source online that has leaked official information.  All these posts demanding Samsung to fix the problem or else, are a waste of time.

That's a load of cr@p! Problems seldom, if never, get resolved by people sitting back and hoping for the best. The old addage that the squeaky wheel gets the grease holds true in most cases, certainly in this one. Keep posting and keep telling everyone about the terrible experience you're having. Rest assured, as more people and news agencies hear about it, it'll eventually reach critical mass and Samsung will be forced to take action. 

jeffcarp
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

There's not a single sentence in what I wrote that says sit back and hope for the best or anything close to that. 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I agree. Again I keep asking everyone who has this problem to call them or email office of the president. The more people that report this problem, the better chance it'll get fixed 

0 Likes
TeslaDude
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
@jeffcarp wrote:

There's not a single sentence in what I wrote that says sit back and hope for the best or anything close to that. 

You know full well that I was referencing your statement that, "All these posts demanding Samsung to fix the problem or else, are a waste of time." Continuing to speak out "publicly" and continuing to be a thorn in Samsung's (Sales & Marketing's) side is one of the few, impactful ways people have to draw more attention to the matter. It is a way to publicly document the criticality and magnitude of the issue. We need to be relentless! That's not to say people shouldn't continue harping on Samsung's "Office of the President" -< HIdden > and using other avenues to bring attention to the issue, like contacting the press.

SL321
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Well I won't have to deal with this nonsense come Friday. My pixel 3 has shipped out. And my note 9 will be going up on swappa. I'm tired of waiting for Samsung to fix this camera. I have tried to use it so many times and get so frustrated with the experience it's sickening

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Are you telling people on swappa the camera is broke on the phone with no known fix?

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@jeffcarp wrote: 

Similarly, I also put zero weight into this "Samsung doesn't care" nonsense. There's likely 1M of these phones in the market by now. If 500 people are raising this issue (probably more like 100) that's 0.05% of sales.

A poll on Android Central is showing about 25% of Note9s affected by the camera-freeze issue; 75% report no freezes. Even if that sample is way off, even if it's really only 5%, that's still a hundred times more than your speculation. Samsung sells about 10 million of each Note model, mostly in the first few months, so there are likely hundreds of thousands, perhaps millions, of affected Note9s already.

If the highest levels of Samsung are unaware of the problem's pervasiveness, even though a simple browsing of relevant forums would make it obvious, then they are willfully ignorant. Or if they do know about the problem, but refrain from any public acknowledgement or progress reporting, and don't even propagate awareness of the problem to their tech-support staff, that again is a willful cover-up. They'd rather avoid publicity that could damage future sales than provide proper support to customers who've already handed over their money. They lose some existing customers that way, but (1) they'd lose many of those customers anyway, given that Samsung is unable to fix the defect so far; and (2) they would lose even more customers if they publicly announce problems such as this.

quethrosar
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Link the pole please I want to vote. Samsung has lost me as a customer for new purchases. If it means having to pick a new network so be it.

I had Samsung gear S3 and planned on the galaxy watch. Not anymore. I went Garmin  Next phone will be something not Samsung. 

Most expensive phone ever and I only upgraded from Note8 for the camera which is worthless .

0 Likes
userD2oZDu2o4R
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

https://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-9/916940-poll-camera-freezing.html

The poll need to state the model. I don't how many of those has Snapdragon or Exynos.

If you're going to vote, make a new one.

Snapdragon 128GB

Snapdragon 512GB

Exynos 128GB

Exynos 512GB

No

0 Likes
quethrosar
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Agree I posted in the thread to exclude non USA people since it's USA only it appears. 

0 Likes