JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 9 camera freezes

(Topic created: 10-27-2018 02:36 PM)
Sopopc123
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I've noticed that on my note 9, that the camera freezes while taking pictures. It's worse while shooting videos with a lot of lagging. 

I don't know if anyone one else have experienced this.

812 Replies
quethrosar
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Never mind. I

Spoiler
Expirement, disable the builtin YouTube app. Don't ask why I can't explain it, I just saw it crash right after my camera did during a burst session. I've had at least 10 bursts work now. It could be a placebo but someone else try it to please. 
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userD2oZDu2o4R wrote:

I think we should all post youtube videos of the note 9 camera. That's way people can see the problems it has it when they search Note 9 camera.

Keep calling Samsung and emailing office of the president. No one from Samsung watches some random persons youtube videos. And most tech youtubers don't want to post videos about problems with their sponsors. 

0 Likes
useri2PJYP8P4j
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

It appears that this update not only failed to address the camera issue, but has resulted in some sluggishness and problems like unresponsiveness on some of the apps.  Has anyone else experienced this?

0 Likes
TeslaDude
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@useri2PJYP8P4j wrote:

It appears that this update not only failed to address the camera issue, but has resulted in some sluggishness and problems like unresponsiveness on some of the apps.  Has anyone else experienced this?

See my previous post. Many many apps that use the camera have been sluggish since the beginning. How could Samsung have overlooked this? Unbelievable!!

0 Likes
useri2PJYP8P4j
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@TeslaDude wrote:

@useri2PJYP8P4j wrote:

See my previous post. Many many apps that use the camera have been sluggish since the beginning. How could Samsung have overlooked this? Unbelievable!!

I totally didn't catch your previous post; I'll have to check it out.

EDIT:  I found a previous post of yours and it turns out that  I had read it but it didn't seem to address what I was saying specifically. It also occurred to me that I may not have explained what I was trying to say quite well enough. The sluggishness to which I was referring pertains to the performance of the device as a whole, not just apps that involve the use of the camera.

Actually, the main app with which I'm having this problem is YouTube. After the update, there were a couple of occasions where, during playback, I was unable to return to the home screen while the notification shade remained accessible. This strange state required a device restart to overcome.

I also noticed a significant amount of sluggishness while I was writing a message in Verizon's SMS app - Message+.  Moreover, I'm pretty sure that my battery is not holding a charge as well as it did prior to the update.

This phone was just released in August. This occurrence will just serve to embolden and support the claims of those who suspect that planned obsolescence is integral to the business model of the captains and gatekeepers of the industry.

0 Likes
userD2oZDu2o4R
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have heard the navigation button stopped responding for some people. That's not planned obsolescence it's a bug. Android pie is in development. I wonder if Samsung is more focus on PIE than fixing bugs on 8.1.

0 Likes
Tim Dogg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Cosmic Ray ,Did you get the camera update in the US? I'm on Verizon and still haven't received the update. I may just install the beta version of Android Pie and say FI. Samsung really dropped the ball on this problem. They have to know there is a issiue yet no release or no fix at all. I'm telling you after this whole ordeal I'm ready to trade this in on a Pixel 3 or even an IPhone x max. 

0 Likes
SL321
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I just received ARJ5 camera update with october security patch I have unlocked US model will let you know if this resolves the issue

0 Likes
johnsonroda27
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Please do, also any way to manually obtain this update?

0 Likes
SL321
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

If you have the factory unlocked version you should be able to download it from sammobile and install it with Odin 

0 Likes