JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 9 camera freezes

(Topic created: 11-07-2018 10:07 AM)
Sopopc123
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I've noticed that on my note 9, that the camera freezes while taking pictures. It's worse while shooting videos with a lot of lagging. 

I don't know if anyone one else have experienced this.

812 Replies
ManWithJoeName
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have never used the iris or face unlock, or Samsung pay. 

Is the camera still working for you? 

0 Likes
user0y6sCaTD7A
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Got an update through ATT last night. Problem still exists when I'm saving to my SD card, but haven't seen it pop up when saving to my phone. It's most likely temporary, but I can dream...

0 Likes
TheGeekNextDoor
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

My camera is still lag free after doing what I said. Don't assume because something isn't obviously related to us that it isn't tied together in some crazy way under the covers. 

0 Likes
TeslaDude
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@TheGeekNextDoor wrote:

My camera is still lag free after doing what I said. Don't assume because something isn't obviously related to us that it isn't tied together in some crazy way under the covers. 

I'm glad it's working for you, but you probably also rebooted your phone after you made those changes. I have not disabled biometric scanning or Samsung Pay. However, I did perform a cold boot and saw the problem disappear for about 2+ weeks, but it did return. Let us know how long you go before the problem returns. My guess is that it WILL, unfortunately.

0 Likes
quethrosar
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Same issue after att update. Also tried disabling pay and removing iris neither  help the situation.

0 Likes
userCU1uo3wgqo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I'm wondering if I should hold off on purchasing a Note 9 until this camera issue is resolved.  What are the chances of me getting a defective device?  Thoughts?  I'm with Verizon.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Mikebluv
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Yes, hold off. The issue comes up after a few days of using the phone and the latest update that everyone thought would fix the camera freezing issue does not fix the problem. At the rate that Samsung fixes issues that cameras will continue to freeze for atleast 4 more months. In that time the price of the phone will drop. 

0 Likes
xZen0sx
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Should I even keep this device? I would hate to wait around if this isn't fixable with just the update.... Smiley Sad

0 Likes
TheRabbi
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Definitely hold off. The camera is great when it works, but it will inevitably let you down when you most need it. 

I think we won't see a fix until Jan or Feb of next year, when Pie is rolled out. Samsung is apparently still oblivious to this issue, never mind a fix for it. I think Pie will fix it, and only because of dumb luck due to new firmware. 

0 Likes
quethrosar
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@TheRabbi wrote:

Definitely hold off. The camera is great when it works, but it will inevitably let you down when you most need it. 

I think we won't see a fix until Jan or Feb of next year, when Pie is rolled out. Samsung is apparently still oblivious to this issue, never mind a fix for it. I think Pie will fix it, and only because of dumb luck due to new firmware. 

If that becomes the case i will be hoping trump puts a tarif right on samsung lol. 

0 Likes