JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 9 camera freezes

(Topic created: 11-10-2018 05:15 PM)
Sopopc123
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I've noticed that on my note 9, that the camera freezes while taking pictures. It's worse while shooting videos with a lot of lagging. 

I don't know if anyone one else have experienced this.

812 Replies
SL321
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

After 24 hours my camera appears to still be functioning probably with no freezes I will continue to update for the next couple of days of things have been ironed out. 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I haven't gotten an update on my ARH6 yet but I did a full wipe last night for a different issue. 

This morning, the camera is freezing in Pro mode again with the exact same behavior as before. 

@SamsungNik@ @@@

So I can definitively confirm a full wipe and reset of the phone doesn't fix the problem. This is basically 100% a problem with the software.

@SL321 wrote:

After 24 hours my camera appears to still be functioning probably with no freezes I will continue to update for the next couple of days of things have been ironed out. 

Definitely keep us posted! Did you do a full wipe after the update? Or wipe cache partition? Or just standard ota update? 

0 Likes
SL321
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I did just standard update no wipe 

0 Likes
NicoleBurchett
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Im having the same problem just missed my son in his Halloween parade because the picture was a good 10 seconds behind. And the video is horrible.

0 Likes
NicoleBurchett
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Well this morning i got a systems update thst mentioned the camera so will see if it did anything.

0 Likes
NicoleBurchett
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Well this morning i got a systems update thst mentioned the camera so will see if it did anything.

0 Likes
TheRabbi
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I hate to be the party-pooper, but unless you see "camera stability" addressed in any of these updates, a fix won't be in there.

0 Likes
userMkwo1UFE6N
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Same issue here. Checked for updates says Security Patch Level September 1, 2018

Sure hope they fix it soon. I did the clear cache thing and so far no issue but it always seems to come back

0 Likes
TeslaDude
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Just came from Best Buy. Spoke with the Samsung rep there who told me that he has the unlocked version of the phone and is using it on the T-Mobile network. His phone was freezing and stuttering when taking videos and seems to have been fixed with an update he received yesterday. I took a screenshot of the release notes, but couldn't embed it in this thread, so here is the URL to the notes:

http://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-N960U1/TMB/doc.html

Has anyone applied this update? Does it resolve the issue?

0 Likes
quethrosar
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

No it doesn't. He rebooted so he thinks it's fixed  

0 Likes