JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 9 camera freezes

(Topic created: 11-12-2018 10:45 AM)
Sopopc123
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I've noticed that on my note 9, that the camera freezes while taking pictures. It's worse while shooting videos with a lot of lagging. 

I don't know if anyone one else have experienced this.

812 Replies
TheRabbi
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Nothing in that update's notes says it fixes camera stability. That update is strictly addressing picture quality, not camera stability. It was announced almost a month ago, and I'm not sure why it's so delayed in the US, but it certainly wasn't intended to fix an issue Samsung hasn't even acknowledged. 

The wait continues. 

0 Likes
TeslaDude
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Good points. I hadn't noticed the release date. And, the Samsung rep hasn't had the patch in place long enough to know whether it fixed the problem. We all know it didn't. And, so, the wait continues .

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@TeslaDude wrote:

Just came from Best Buy. Spoke with the Samsung rep there who told me that he has the unlocked version of the phone and is using it on the T-Mobile network. His phone was freezing and stuttering when taking videos and seems to have been fixed with an update he received yesterday. I took a screenshot of the release notes, but couldn't embed it in this thread, so here is the URL to the notes:

http://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-N960U1/TMB/doc.html

Has anyone applied this update? Does it resolve the issue?

That's the update I got and failed to fix the freezing. Freezing came back for me about 12 hrs after the update 

0 Likes
Predator
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

What is the hardware revision for the Phone?Go to Setting then About Phone.

0 Likes
userbN7v279GyH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Same problem

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@SamsungNik no updates since the 430mb ARJ5 update last week. When can we expect the two smaller updates?

Has there been anyone who's gotten those updates? Does it fix anything? 

0 Likes
Rajesh Murali
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

So after lot of frustrating procedures I still have the issue. So here is a history of what I did

1. Problem first occured on October 6th 2018 and then on October 13th 2018. Following which I reached out to Samsung Expert via the App and they gave three options

a. Do a cache clearing. Force Stop and restart the phone. It worked for a while but the problem came again

b. Do a System partition cache clearing using the power down, volume down buttons and that too failed

c. Do a factory Reset. Still this failed too

2. On October 18th 2018 I called AT&T they said Im out of the 14 day return period and they cannot help me out. So called up Samsung and they asked me to ship the phone to Texas service Center. They sent the phone back saying they replaced the Motherboard and the camera and found the fault. Within two days of me receiving the phone the camera failed again. It started freezing in QHD, UHD and later even in FHD modes in Auto, Panaroma and Pro modes too. 

3. Finally on November 3rd 2018 I called up AT&T and they offered to send me a Like-New same model and configuration phone and I erceived on November 6th 2018. That phone failed again and camera was freezing as well. 

4. Now I called up samsung and they said they will connect with me and AT&T asked me to return the replacement phone. Now both of these are pending and Im run out of options. 

5. AT&T said they wont give me back my money and Samsung isnt responding as expected. Im sure this is a bug which Samsung has no solution yet. But Its painful to wait past 4 weeks and spending every weekend with AT&T or Samsung guys to fix my phone to end up with nothing. Pls help Samsung Im desperate now. 

Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@Rajesh Murali wrote:

[...] AT&T said they wont give me back my money and Samsung isnt responding as expected. Im sure this is a bug which Samsung has no solution yet. But Its painful to wait past 4 weeks and spending every weekend with AT&T or Samsung guys to fix my phone to end up with nothing. Pls help Samsung Im desperate now. 

The Note/S series phones have had a serious driver-level problem since at least the S7. Some resource gets corrupted awhile after rebooting, and depending on random factors some subsustem--biometrics, touch screen, radios, or for the Note9 usually the camera--becomes unstable and often unsuable.

Samsung doesn't know how to fix the problem (at least not with a level of effort they're willing to expend), so their strategy is to refuse to acknowledge it (even though that means sending millions of customers on time-consuming wild-goose chases). The only hope for a remedy would be if either the press or the courts will take notice and force Samsung to compensate customers for the faulty products.

0 Likes
userT80yY1KMxL
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I agree @userKJL5mwC3Qg

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userKJL5mwC3Qg wrote:

@Rajesh Murali wrote:

[...] AT&T said they wont give me back my money and Samsung isnt responding as expected. Im sure this is a bug which Samsung has no solution yet. But Its painful to wait past 4 weeks and spending every weekend with AT&T or Samsung guys to fix my phone to end up with nothing. Pls help Samsung Im desperate now. 

The Note/S series phones have had a serious driver-level problem since at least the S7. Some resource gets corrupted awhile after rebooting, and depending on random factors some subsustem--biometrics, touch screen, radios, or for the Note9 usually the camera--becomes unstable and often unsuable.

Samsung doesn't know how to fix the problem (at least not with a level of effort they're willing to expend), so their strategy is to refuse to acknowledge it (even though that means sending millions of customers on time-consuming wild-goose chases). The only hope for a remedy would be if either the press or the courts will take notice and force Samsung to compensate customers for the faulty products.

I didn't have any issues with the Note 8 or the S9 like this. But at this point how likely will Samsung actually try to fix this issue

0 Likes