JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 9 camera freezes

(Topic created: 11-12-2018 11:27 AM)
Sopopc123
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I've noticed that on my note 9, that the camera freezes while taking pictures. It's worse while shooting videos with a lot of lagging. 

I don't know if anyone one else have experienced this.

812 Replies
Rajesh Murali
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Sending the phone again for yet another fix. They wont do a replacement unless their technician decides so. God knows what is going to happen. If they dont fix this time They said there is one more repair request and after which they will deem the device as unfit and send a replacement. Dunno when I will get this resolved. Hopefully now or never. 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@Rajesh Murali wrote:

Sending the phone again for yet another fix. They wont do a replacement unless their technician decides so. God knows what is going to happen. If they dont fix this time They said there is one more repair request and after which they will deem the device as unfit and send a replacement. Dunno when I will get this resolved. Hopefully now or never. 

They tell you specifically what will be done? In my mind it's pointless to send mine in if the software is not fixed. Because it's obvious this isn't a hardware issue. But if they actually have a specific fix then I'd definitely be interested 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userI4q3GCFuFx wrote:

They tell you specifically what will be done? In my mind it's pointless to send mine in if the software is not fixed. Because it's obvious this isn't a hardware issue. But if they actually have a specific fix then I'd definitely be interested 

It could be a hardware issue, but if so the hardware design itself is defective, so repairs or replacements will not address the problem.

0 Likes
quethrosar
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Im really thinking of ordering the oneplus 6t purple on wed. For half the price of the note 9 and still have 8gb ram. Between camera issues and android auto isssues i hate this note 9.

0 Likes
Rajesh Murali
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

The Problem is kinda replicable But not sure if all of you have the same way of camera freeze. Here is my way of replicating the issue. 

In the performance Mode set the display settings to be FHD+. Then go to Camera and select the video camera settings to be one of QHD, QHD (60fps), UHD, UHD (60fps) and then start shooting a video. Once it works then keep repeating the same for 6-12 hrs every one hour. You will definitely see the camera freezing in any of these.

a) when you shoot the video,

b) when you take a picture in Panaroma

c) sometimes even in the basic Auto Mode

d) when you have a live focus mode turned on. 

e) when your camera is in Pro mode too. 

But if you keep your Video settings to FHD and keep using it without changing any mode the problem seems to be less recurring. Pls try the above and let me know if this is working. Thanks.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@Rajesh Murali wrote:

But if you keep your Video settings to FHD and keep using it without changing any mode the problem seems to be less recurring. Pls try the above and let me know if this is working. Thanks.

No. We've wasted too much time on this already (see the preceding 500 posts). There's no point exploring ways to somewhat reduce the problem by crippling the camera's features. The only remedy left is a legal one, not a technical one. That's where any further effort should be directed.

0 Likes
Rajesh Murali
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Agreed. But I dont have any help anywhere and Im not sure what is the process. Also the steps I gave in my previous post is to replicate the issue not to fix it. So the issue remains and still hasnt been fixed. Workarounds are unpredictable and not worthy trying it. Im going to wait for call from Samsung today. I will keep you posted.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@Rajesh Murali wrote:

Im going to wait for call from Samsung today. I will keep you posted.

Ok, thanks. But you won't find anyone at Samsung who is authorized to admit that the Note9 has an inherent major defect.

0 Likes
user1UQKtWnsVP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Had the same issue, then the late october/November camera update seems to have fixed this issue. 

0 Likes
johnsonroda27
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I still have it and have reached my peak. I am selling it and getting a pixel 3 xl with that horrific notch that i cant stand. But this is it with samsung. They royally Fd me over on the note 8 too.  They were giving note 7 buyers like 450 off the note 8 for the note 7 issues and when i placed my order for 3 weeks nothing happened and my order eventually canceled even though i called about 10 times to see what was wrong and was repeatedly told nothing the phones just in high demand, then after it canceled they couldnt tell me why, and the kicker is, they couldnt get me a new order cause the note 7 promo expired and they could not give me the discount. I fought tooth and nail and talked to a guy who took all my info and said he has a lady in corporate who manually can assign coupon codes for these types of issues and she would call/email me in 2 weeks. Well its been 2 years now and i never got anything and i STILL went back to them for the GS9+ and the note 9. This camera issue and the way this company handles its customer service is actually terrifying. Its beyond bad. The reps have ZERO power and their processes to fix situations are pathetic. They are the only company i see on twitter that doesnt engage with customers even though they are being called out in the public eye. Its baffling. So, so long sammy, if theres a class action for this camera issue that was handled so poorly, poor is an understatement, i will be involved. Its a real shame because this is prob such an easy fix. hardware wise this phones great. It takes alot for poor hardware to be overpowered by customer service. But samsung showed they can do it.

0 Likes