JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 9 camera freezes

(Topic created: 11-23-2018 10:33 AM)
Sopopc123
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I've noticed that on my note 9, that the camera freezes while taking pictures. It's worse while shooting videos with a lot of lagging. 

I don't know if anyone one else have experienced this.

812 Replies
TheRabbi
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@johnsonroda27 wrote:

On T-Mobile's website it claims camera fixes.. even though the build number doesn't match up to date does..
@TheRabbi wrote:

@johnsonroda27 wrote:

Woke up to an update. Tmobile Baseband vers
N960USQS1ARK1. Not sure what this addresses.

That's just the November security update .

You're looking at October's security update, ARJ8, which addressed "camera bugs." The bugs addressed were related to picture quality at night and in selfies. That update rolled out to other carriers long ago, but Tmobile was seriously late.

Obviously, it didn't fix anything related to camera app stability, as others have been reporting for weeks now. 

0 Likes
johnsonroda27
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Ok gotcha

@TheRabbi wrote:

@johnsonroda27 wrote:

On T-Mobile's website it claims camera fixes.. even though the build number doesn't match up to date does..
@TheRabbi wrote:

@johnsonroda27 wrote:

Woke up to an update. Tmobile Baseband vers
N960USQS1ARK1. Not sure what this addresses.

That's just the November security update .

You're looking at October's security update, ARJ8, which addressed "camera bugs." The bugs addressed were related to picture quality at night and in selfies. That update rolled out to other carriers long ago, but Tmobile was seriously late.

Obviously, it didn't fix anything related to camera app stability, as others have been reporting for weeks now. 

TheRabbi
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

More bad press. 

https://youtu.be/b8PHBuPRmqA
We recently did a video showing the very best value for an iPhone. Spoiler alert, it's the iPhone 8 Plus, which you can get on Swappa starting at just 445 ...
0 Likes
nizmoz44
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@TheRabbi wrote:

More bad press. 

https://youtu.be/b8PHBuPRmqA

And more bad press.

https://www.androidauthority.com/galaxy-note-9-camera-freezing-927492/

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@Rajesh Murali wrote:

Guys I'm back. Now with same old problems and same worries and concerns

Sent the phone back to Samsung and another 10 days of big waste. Nothing improved and same old problems. Sickening to see what they put as resolution. 

Camera problem-Not charging and replacement done.

What was replaced what is the problem. God only knows it  I'm now on the verge of frustration and breakdown. Seriously guys lost all hope. Last I'm gonna ask for a new replacement. Even in that I'm not sure. Sad the problem remains. No respite. 

The defect is inherent in the phone's hardware and/or software, so replacing the phone isn't going to help. An estimated one third of all Note9 users encounter the camera-freeze problem, probably depending on random aspects of their phone's configuration and software (sometimes, critical data just happens to land in a part of memory that's getting corrupted, for example).

This is now a legal problem, not a technical one. Your only hope is (1) to document the problem by taking videos of it using another device and (2) to find a good lawyer interested in a potential class-action suit with millions of clients. Samsung continues to falsely advertise that this phone has a working camera when they know it does not. They need to correct their advertising and to offer full-refund returns to everyone who bought the Note9 under false pretenses.

0 Likes
TeslaDude
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userKJL5mwC3Qgc wrote:
The defect is inherent in the phone's hardware and/or software, so replacing the phone isn't going to help. An estimated one third of all Note9 users encounter the camera-freeze problem, probably depending on random aspects of their phone's configuration and software (sometimes, critical data just happens to land in a part of memory that's getting corrupted, for example).

This is now a legal problem, not a technical one. Your only hope is (1) to document the problem by taking videos of it using another device and (2) to find a good lawyer interested in a potential class-action suit with millions of clients. Samsung continues to falsely advertise that this phone has a working camera when they know it does not. They need to correct their advertising and to offer full-refund returns to everyone who bought the Note9 under false pretenses.

I agree @userKJL5mwC3Qg!! There seems to be no hope that Samsung will do the ethical thing. It seems they care more about their pocket book than they do their loyal customers. I, personally, no longer have to worry about this problem, since I sank over $1,800 on an iPhone XS Max 512GB to replace my $1,300 Samsung Galaxy Note 9 512GB. However, my sister is buying my Note 9 from me for $500 and is aware of the camera problem. I feel so badly for the many other people who cannot afford to replace their Note 9s with a better phone and can only hope that all of them and my sister eventually arrive at a satisfactory resolution, sooner rather than later.

0 Likes
Billy-Boy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Its certain versions of the Note 9. I am on Sprint and I have the issue.

@Silverfireblade wrote:

I have the unlocked version on Verizon and I have made 2 YouTube video on the Note 9 and I don't see where the problem with camera or video. It maybe an at&t update problem from the October update. So stop saying the problem is with the Note 9 its probably is with at&t.

0 Likes
nizmoz44
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

You sir have no clue what you are talking about.  You haven't read this thread either.  All Note 9 versions are having this problem.  You are just like some of the people on the Android forum thinking this is BS since they don't have issues because they haven't been able to replicate it.  It is a big issue or this thread wouldn't exist.

I am so glad I got rid of my Note 9.  Samsung, you are a terrible company.

0 Likes
MikeBates
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@Silverfireblade@ Geez man. There's really no excuse for ignorance when all the information is written right here in this thread. Or at least don't let everyone know you're ignorant by speaking. It's affecting all of the major US carriers. I am on Verizon. I have the issue and I've had it with three separate phones on Verizon

0 Likes
userBVBAc08TkG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I encountered this problem too. The video camera still freezes. I'm with T-mobile by the way.
0 Likes