JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 9 camera freezes

(Topic created: 12-08-2018 12:32 PM)
Sopopc123
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I've noticed that on my note 9, that the camera freezes while taking pictures. It's worse while shooting videos with a lot of lagging. 

I don't know if anyone one else have experienced this.

812 Replies
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

If Lous phone isn't a Snapdragon or isn't using the Sony IMX345 sensor, then he won't have the problem. 

0 Likes
TeslaDude
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@user0y6sCaTD7A wrote:

Lew to the rescue! Hopefully he has the correct processor and camera sensor to replicate the problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g25StPrw624&t=0s

Gawd!!!! We can only hope he has a phone with the problem. Someone could always send him their phone. 😉

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userI4q3GCFuFx wrote:

If Lous phone isn't a Snapdragon or isn't using the Sony IMX345 sensor, then he won't have the problem. 

Even with that processor and sensor, there seems to be a lot of randomness as to who gets the problem and who doesn't.

0 Likes
donm527
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I believe Lew is in Canada so if Canadian version then he'll have the SnapDragon.

I haven't gone through all the posts so... you mention Sony sensor... has it been confirmed that more than one sensor has been sources for the Note 9. Are all the reports of freezing only from QCSD processor and Sony sensor?

0 Likes
userQ2Rlr64dm6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have an observation, not sure if it holds water, but if I don't rotate my phone, it won't freeze. The second i trip the gyroscope, it freezes. Also while it freezes, the shutter of the camera struggles to find a settling point.

0 Likes
Mikebluv
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

No update for Tmobile Note 9

0 Likes
userT80yY1KMxL
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Any updates on a fix? 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

The only fix is to return or sell your phone...

0 Likes
tommybahama
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have the same issue, 512GB from Tmobile, always freezes up for about 5 seconds, just long enough to lose the moment, same with video.  It's done this since the day I got it and based on the forums 40 pages deep I know it's a major bug that many people have.  Not sure if Samsung has released a fix and tmobile just hasn't pushed it out but it really pisses me off. 

0 Likes
userDY8X6bjYon
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Verizon, 512 GB, piece of junk camera keeps freezing and just ruined many trip photos. As users noted the video is worse then still and Panorama is basically useless.

I'm not will the reset the whole phone to fix something that can be fixed with a software update from Samsung.

What is wrong with you Samsung, first my note 7 is taken on a plane from me, now a defective phone for $1,400. And it's my problem to try and resolve the issue with research and trial and error. What I can do to solve the problem is trade this junk in for a different brand that's headache free since its starting from scratch like a factory reset.