JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 9 camera freezes

(Topic created: 12-25-2018 10:48 AM)
Sopopc123
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I've noticed that on my note 9, that the camera freezes while taking pictures. It's worse while shooting videos with a lot of lagging. 

I don't know if anyone one else have experienced this.

812 Replies
ZEOS
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

No inside info just an educated guess

0 Likes
ManWithJoeName
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@ZEOS wrote:

No inside info just an educated guess

What is the education source?   Because it sounds a lot like my wishful thinking from the past several months. 

0 Likes
ZEOS
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

The update was released already and has appeared in other countries and there is the moderator who said so and a witness on page 68 (https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Note-9-Questions-and/Note-9-camera-freezes/m-p/434784#M66...). It takes time for updates to be available for download depending on carrier etc.

The update they recieved is ARL1

0 Likes
nizmoz44
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Per android central the update has hit At&t.  

0 Likes
ZEOS
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

One of the major drawbacks of Android IMHO is the slow and unpredictable updates.

Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@ZEOS wrote:

The update was released already and has appeared in other countries and there is the moderator who said so and a witness on page 68 (https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Note-9-Questions-and/Note-9-camera-freezes/m-p/434784#M66...). It takes time for updates to be available for download depending on carrier etc.

The update they recieved is ARL1

Has anyone been able to confirm this update fixed the issue? 

0 Likes
user0kI2y0sTJo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Having the same issues

0 Likes
userjD42ueWezn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Is it still lag free after the ARL1 update?

@user9N7x70cXJl wrote:

@user2tIkvccR2n wrote:

I hope you or one of you suffering through this problem can check if the battery lasts just as long after this latest update that's coming. I have a feeling it maybe a hardware problem and the fix is not a fix but rather a workaround that requires more energy which would obviously hurt battery life. Hopefully you guys will figure it out in short time. 

I'll try to post an update after a few days of use. So far no camera lag but as you guys know sometimes rebooting makes the freezing problem go away for a few days.

0 Likes
user9N7x70cXJl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userjD42ueWezn wrote:

Is it still lag free after the ARL1 update?

@user9N7x70cXJl wrote:

@user2tIkvccR2n wrote:

I hope you or one of you suffering through this problem can check if the battery lasts just as long after this latest update that's coming. I have a feeling it maybe a hardware problem and the fix is not a fix but rather a workaround that requires more energy which would obviously hurt battery life. Hopefully you guys will figure it out in short time. 

I'll try to post an update after a few days of use. So far no camera lag but as you guys know sometimes rebooting makes the freezing problem go away for a few days.

A small update... So far experienced no lag in camera.

According to AccuBattery, yesterday used 73% in 8h24m (screen on time 3h19m) when I went out to take photos (camera ate up 25.2%, or 30.7% per hour). I'd say the consumption is within expected range, but you can compare with your own data if you haven't updated yet.

0 Likes
ZEOS
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Glad to hear that you have no camera lag, so far

0 Likes