JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 9 camera freezes

(Topic created: 02-19-2019 06:24 AM)
Sopopc123
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I've noticed that on my note 9, that the camera freezes while taking pictures. It's worse while shooting videos with a lot of lagging. 

I don't know if anyone one else have experienced this.

812 Replies
ZEOS
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Of course it's currently working fine but it was rebooted. That is the one thing that makes me believe it is a software/firmware issue since the issue goes away for a time after rebooting.

0 Likes
Cyberweasal
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I noticed it alot more when I'm trying to scan a barcode. Very frustrating 

0 Likes
userBVBAc08TkG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have this experience as well on my note 9. Quite unfortunate that this phone would have such major problem. 

0 Likes
blacknet101
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

....the fact that this issue is still ongoing is sad...its been months since it got reported and still no fix....

I love the camera but can ever hardly use due to this bug or whatever is wrong with it 

0 Likes
nizmoz44
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Was this issue fixed after the latest updates?  Can everyone confirm?  I am about to pick one up again on swappa after I saw on another site that people seem to not be having the issue any longer.

0 Likes
Solution
userjD42ueWezn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@nizmoz44 wrote:

Was this issue fixed after the latest updates?  Can everyone confirm?  I am about to pick one up again on swappa after I saw on another site that people seem to not be having the issue any longer.

Samsung released the updated version to the carriers some weeks ago now.  T-Mobile pushed it some weeks ago.  The fixed version ends in "ARL1" for the US and it completely resolved the problem.  I can't speak to when other carriers have/will release or what their version # ends in because I have not been following them.  I suggest you start reading the thread from page 72 onward.

View solution in context

userpwGsqutPxf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Same problem here. SM-N960U AT&T

0 Likes
userpwGsqutPxf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I had to call AT&T and they were able to force push updates to my phone. It took 24 hours for the first one to be available, but then there were 3 more everytime I checked for updates. It was almost like they were holding back sending updates to my phone because it was mostly security updates each time. 

I haven't checked the camera yet, but hopefully this helps people who haven't received the updates yet. 

0 Likes
userjD42ueWezn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

T-Mobile pushed the Pie update a few days ago... CSB3... Camera still works fine since the ARL1 update and the Pie update did not change that.  🙂 

0 Likes
rivrfreak
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I am on the latest available version available on the Verizon network and still seeing regular issues when trying to zoom in on any camera mode. I am quite confident it is a hardware issues as I found what fixes it, until you zoom back out.

When you feel/hear the camera make that faint buzzing sound and the screen goes wavey as it tries to focus, give it a good forward backward shake. It may take a couple of tries until you get a feel for what I'm explaining but it makes the problem go away everytime. 

Because of this, I'm confident the issue is related to hardware (at least in some cases) considering software cannot feel shakes, movement. 

I also read in another thread that Samsung has confirmed its hardware and needs to be sent for warranty repair. 

0 Likes