Original topic:

Note 9 camera freezes

(Topic created: 09-05-2018 08:25 AM)
Sopopc123
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I've noticed that on my note 9, that the camera freezes while taking pictures. It's worse while shooting videos with a lot of lagging. 

I don't know if anyone one else have experienced this.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
812 Replies
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Canadian Note 9s also use Snapdragon 845 and presumably the Sony sensor 

0 Likes
TheRabbi
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

My nephew is going to lay a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. I talked my sister into buying TWO Note 9s. If her video craps out, __it's going to hit the fan.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
@TheRabbi wrote:

My nephew is going to lay a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. I talked my sister into buying TWO Note 9s. If her video craps out, __it's going to hit the fan.

Restart both their phones before the event and pray to @Samsung_Stephanie 

0 Likes
TheRabbi
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Too late. It froze on her during her second video ( the one with my nephew). Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity...memories lost. She's p'ssed. #thanksSamsung

0 Likes
quethrosar
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

It seems to be getting worse. Without even using the camera before hand, it starts freezing a day after the reboot. Maybe i just don't try to use the camera anymore. 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Keep calling Samsung support and emailing office of the president to report your problems. 

Phones been out for 2 months and the cameras still not functional. 

@Samsung_Stephanie still nothing on a fix? 

0 Likes
Mikebluv
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@Samsung_Stephanie is this update coming to USA?

0 Likes
Tim Dogg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@Mikebluv wrote:

@Samsung_Stephanie is this update coming to USA?

I sure hope so  

0 Likes
user0y8zroJrBC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Guys! So finally found a freaken solution. I went through my cellphone carrier (Tmobile) and complained about the phone camera freezing and Samsung doing absolutely nothing about it nor do they know about this situation. They processed a warranty claim and shipping a brand new phone...so guys and gals...just go to your cellphone carrier and process a claim! Let's just hope this new phone does not have the same problem!

-PK

0 Likes
userD2oZDu2o4R
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Are you saying this is a hardware defect and a new phone don't have this problem?

0 Likes