Original topic:

Note 9 camera freezes

(Topic created: 09-05-2018 08:25 AM)
Sopopc123
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I've noticed that on my note 9, that the camera freezes while taking pictures. It's worse while shooting videos with a lot of lagging. 

I don't know if anyone one else have experienced this.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
812 Replies
userdAxHALBd5J
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Same issue here. Both camera and video mode

0 Likes
ManWithJoeName
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Had the opportunity to show off all the cool things my phone could do today, so I pull out the stylus so I could show how I can take pictures with it....  then proceeded to show off how the camera freezes instead. 

Needless to say, nobody was impressed.

0 Likes
Gargox
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I'm having the same problem with my camera too. 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Happened to me too. Sunset photo: let's use my new note 9's awesome camera! Lagged and stalled. Friends were no longer impressed ...total fail!

0 Likes
SL321
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Looks like an update may coming soon. They just released an update in Europe with camera improvements and bug fixes

0 Likes
quethrosar
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Well see. Hopes not up.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Has anyone gotten this update?

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyNote9/comments/9jm2rj/galaxy_note_9_camera_improvements_arrive_in_new...

Has it removed the freezing and lagging on your camera?

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Camera Failed twice just now

https://imgur.com/a/ixXHQZk

Just from taking pictures. Second camera failed was maybe 2 photos after the first crash. 

0 Likes
usercOhERlblGL
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I am havind stuttering problems during video recording 4k@60 (didnt try others). I found that if I use pro mode, and decrease shutter speed from 1/60 s to 1/90 s, stuttering is greatly decreasing, but is still not eliminated completely.

I have sony sensor. Model - SM-N960W .

PS My camera never crushed.

0 Likes
userD2oZDu2o4R
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I'm thinking this could be a hardware problem with the camera. If this is a software problem I expect more noise than just 16 pages.
Samsung cole has been MIA. A confirmation that they replicated the problem would be a good first step.

512GB Snapdragon
sony sensor IMX345.
0 Likes