JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 9 compass error after Pie update

(Topic created: 03-05-2019 12:45 PM)
sbtwilmington
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Since my Note 9 updated to 9.0 and One UI the compass is not working accurately.  About 90 degrees off. I've calibrated it several times (*#0*#) with no success. Anyone else experience this and is there a fix?  This is happening without a case on the phone so there is no interference from that.

195 Replies
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I don't think this problem is going away anytime soon.  WhenWhen we report a problem,  the answers come from people who don't know there is any problem. 

So, telling us that Samsung has an update about to be released does not seem true to me.

0 Likes
kudzus
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

How can Samsung state the problem is solved when we all still have the problem. I'm losing more and more cofindence in Sansung every day this goes on. I will think about this when I need a new phone.

0 Likes
kudzus
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you Samsung I got a update today dated Feb 1st ... The compass is now working ... Baseband is N960USQU1CSB3

Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Since I kept checking for updates, I will have to wait until this evening to get  result, hopefully, update for AT&T phones.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I hope. I tried a bit ago and nothing showed up. Hopefully soon. 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Who is your carrier?  I'm with AT&T and still nothing showing up.  

@kudzus wrote:

Thank you Samsung I got a update today dated Feb 1st ... The compass is now working ... Baseband is N960USQU1CSB3

0 Likes
kudzus
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@Big-Bad-Brad wrote:

Who is your carrier?  I'm with AT&T and still nothing showing up.  

@kudzus wrote:

Sprint

0 Likes
kudzus
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Be aware I've seen updates take weeks to roll out to everyone

0 Likes
Sarah McCarty
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones