JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 9 compass error after Pie update

(Topic created: 03-11-2019 09:58 AM)
sbtwilmington
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Since my Note 9 updated to 9.0 and One UI the compass is not working accurately.  About 90 degrees off. I've calibrated it several times (*#0*#) with no success. Anyone else experience this and is there a fix?  This is happening without a case on the phone so there is no interference from that.

195 Replies
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Believe it or not, Samsung tech support says, we do not have this issue reported to us and there is no update!!

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Well, they asked me exact same questions!! Did you reset your phone??? Did you clear cache??? You need to send it in!!! Really!

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userymOwumN8X2 wrote:

Well, they asked me exact same questions!! Did you reset your phone??? Did you clear cache??? You need to send it in!!! Really!

And they say that they have no idea about the problem??  I can't blame the help desk people.  They're just reading from a prepared script.  They have had it reported (Obviously not to that individual).  I've tried safe mode, rebooted, deleted the Cache partition, cleared the app cache, calibrated the app, calibrated the sensor, tested the sensor on 7 different compass/GPS/mapping/Drone apps and the all read the same direction.  I think that it's funny that other carriers have released an update already.  

Amazing... 

0 Likes
sbtwilmington
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Absolutely amazing that nothing has been done yet!

@Big-Bad-Brad wrote:

@userymOwumN8X2 wrote:

And they say that they have no idea about the problem??  I can't blame the help desk people.  They're just reading from a prepared script.  They have had it reported (Obviously not to that individual).  I've tried safe mode, rebooted, deleted the Cache partition, cleared the app cache, calibrated the app, calibrated the sensor, tested the sensor on 7 different compass/GPS/mapping/Drone apps and the all read the same direction.  I think that it's funny that other carriers have released an update already.  

Amazing... 

0 Likes
kudzus
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

To be fair Samsung released the update to carriers on Feb 1 ... It could be that Tech Help is looking at the newer firmware that does't have any errors reported ... and we are reporting the error that the older firmware has ...

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

For me,  there is no update until my phone gets it.

But, it is good to know that they are fixing their mistakes. 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I have a goto telescope mount with wifi, you connect to your phone and control it. Tried it last night! Instead of pointing to the sky, it was pointing down! I thought something wrong with mount! But then I tried another phone, galaxy 8 plus, and it was very accurate, pointing to the right location! I don't know when will we be able to use this expensive phone for things other than calling and texting !!
0 Likes
kudzus
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

The guys over at XDA are reporting that both Verison and ATT are now rolling out the update to CS3B ... So everyone should soon be good to go...On a side note the battery life has been much improved. Thank you Samsung

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I just checked, no update yet! Battery life is better, I agree.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Checked mine at about 6 this morning.  Nothing.  So I gotta wait until tommorrow.  I hate setting my clock/Calender ahead to lie to it since it really screws up half a dozen other apps.  LOL.  but still waiting.  

0 Likes