JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 9 compass error after Pie update

(Topic created on: 2/6/19 1:35 PM)
sbtwilmington
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Since my Note 9 updated to 9.0 and One UI the compass is not working accurately.  About 90 degrees off. I've calibrated it several times (*#0*#) with no success. Anyone else experience this and is there a fix?  This is happening without a case on the phone so there is no interference from that.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I'll be.... Had to calibrate the compass and it's finally figured out which way North was. AT&T users.... Go get it!

View solution in context

0 Likes
195 Replies
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hello,

Does this happen when your device is in safe mode?

0 Likes
sbtwilmington
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Yes it also happens in safe mode.

0 Likes
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I recommend visiting a local UBreakiFix in your area by following this link here, they can further assist you and will be able to look at your issue on hand.

0 Likes
sbtwilmington
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Yeah, that's great except it says there are no locations in my area.  I am paying for Samsung Premium Care each month and I am running into all sorts of dead ends trying to get someone to help fix this.

0 Likes
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I can understand your frustration. What other troubleshooting steps have you tried? If you haven't already tried, try clearing the cache data partition.

0 Likes
sbtwilmington
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Did that already with no luck. Is there any way to roll back the update and then perhaps reinstall it?

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Wow... I posted this in another forum and I've found no help.  I got the same problem.  Note 9 compass should be indicating north, but shows East.  Countless calibrations have had no help.  Testing the sensors show that the compass IS Calibrated.  I thought I was going crazy for a bit.  

sbtwilmington
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Exactly the same thing, indicates north but points east.

0 Likes
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hello,

I recommend reaching out to your carrier to see if they support this feature with the new update.

0 Likes