JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 9 compass error after Pie update

(Topic created: 02-06-2019 01:35 PM)
sbtwilmington
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Since my Note 9 updated to 9.0 and One UI the compass is not working accurately.  About 90 degrees off. I've calibrated it several times (*#0*#) with no success. Anyone else experience this and is there a fix?  This is happening without a case on the phone so there is no interference from that.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
195 Replies
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Just chatted with AT&T support, they say so many reported same issue and we are aware! They also added that a fix release will be rolled out once "" DEVELOPED"" So it is not there yet!!!

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userymOwumN8X2 wrote:

Just chatted with AT&T support, they say so many reported same issue and we are aware[.] They also added that a fix release will be rolled out once ["]DEVELOPED["] So it is not there yet[.]

The compass is fixed in the CSB3 firmware, which was been released by other carriers weeks ago, and also released for the unbranded Note9s.

Some carriers properly refused to release CSAA because of the compass problem. They waited for CSB3 instead. AT&T unfortunately did release the broken CSAA firmware, and has yet to release CSB3.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I wouldn't mind the delay on at&t if they'd fix some of the other "features" that they removed. The pro photo editing app, the custom tones for text messages through the contacts and not the text thread,   the pro video settings and a few others that have vanished from this "flagship" model. 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I went to uBreakiFix today,  they say, there is nothing they can do and I need to wait for an update. 

I went there because Samsung tech insisted on that. 

I also called at&t,  they say there is no update available. 

uBreakiFix also said there is no update. 

I don't have a phone from Sprint to check,  because I read that Sprint has already rolled out a fix. I don't understand why at&t is so behind!

Or, probably no one got any updates!

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Each carrier, including AT&T, has a webpage saying what its latest Note9 firmware version is (just Google it).

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thanks for the advice!!

I do know that, I also believe most if not all those who posted here know.

The website does not say when a fix release will be released, it only tells you what is on your phone, which you can check right from your phone.

What carrier you have?

Mine AT&T and they say they don't know of the issue and they don't have a fix yet.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

AT&T, like every other carrier, has the release (CSB3) that fixes the compass problem. AT&T just hasn't released it yet. No one will be able to tell you when that will happen. Tech support reps are not well-informed and should not be relied on.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

How do you know that AT&T has CSB3?

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userymOwumN8X2 wrote:

How do you know that AT&T has CSB3?

Because Samsung releases its latest update to all carriers at the same time (and other carriers, such as T-Mobile, released CSB3 weeks ago). Then it's up to each carrier to modify it (usually adding a few of their own apps), test it, and release it to their users.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Probably because every other carrier that had issued CSAA initially now has released CSB3.  Which means that Samsung has passed onto the carriers CSB3.  I only hope that AT&T hasn't issued out CSB3 is because they are examining it closely and hopefully adding some features that were removed from One UI initially.  (I doubt that, but I have wistful thinking... )

When some one from the Support Phone lines says that there is no update available and that they have heard no problems about the build simply means that THAT person doesn't know about it and they THAT person doesn't know if there is an update.  EDIT:  Or that means they they are repeating what THEY have been told to say.  The only thing that we, the consumer can do is to wait and continue to pester them occassionally until they get it released.  

0 Likes