Original topic:

Note 9 green screen discoloration and poor resolution issue after software upgrade in March 2021

(Topic created: 08-23-2021 04:06 PM)
usermoZ23FT1cm
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

My Note 9 display has a green discoloration. I've researched and it is a global issue everywhere with the upgrade and for Note 9 specifically. I've tried all the proposed solutions and cleared cache and uninstalled most apps, safe start etc and nothing works. Do we need to write to the President's office to get this resolved? What is Samsung doing about this? What should I do? 

This is my second really poor Samsung experience after a Samsung refrigerator issue this year. After being with Samsung for more than a decade- this will be my last Samsung device or appliance ever. 

Samsung what's the fix for this green screen and the eye strain we all have now?

1 Reply
TyperMan
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Sadly this inevitably happened to my Note 9 today, interestingly not so long after I updated to the August firmware update. I have seen some cases like this on r/GalaxyNote9 before, but I was hoping it was a rare occurrence and wouldn't happen to me. Boy was I naive.
Anyways, I brought up the issue with Samsung online chat and besides standard troubleshooting, all they told me I could do was visit a Samsung authorized service center. So now I have to take time out of my day to get this screen looked at in person and hope to God that I don't have to drop money on a problem that was out of my control. Come on Samsung this is ridiculous. Fix the issue Samsung and do it for free. #NotBuiltToLast
0 Likes