Original topic:

Note 9's don't support simple call features anymore

(Topic created: 07-01-2022 05:14 PM)
user2W4AxYoMkF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I have been a Samsung user for 10 plus years.  Sadly people my note 9 no longer allows me to make or receive phone calls. Since February 2022 I have been having this problem. I switched carriers twice only to find out my phone "isn't smart enough." Frankly I find this to be a ploy that all phone manufacturers and carriers are in on. You see this little problem makes the consumer have to spend more money for a newer version of the same thousand dollar plus phones. I have to spend $1,500.00 to get the newest version of what I have now, which is the Samsung S22 ultra. I take great care of my phones and there is absolutely nothing wrong with my device , aside from it being 4glte. I purchased my phone and my husband phone in 2019 paid cash. Now they don't work for calls and I am required to use Google voice to receive or make a call.  I dont know of to many people that can afford to spend 3k every two years on new phones. I also don't get how my data and texts work but my phone does not! I mean I bought a phone to make phone calls! After spending hours of my life with At&t customer service and actually going into the store and spending more time only to be told to go to best buy because they actually have "Samsung employees ", then another hour or so there only to find out i must make two $1,500.00 purchases for newer Samsung phones that will allow me to make calls. Come on! Seriously! This is highway robbery!  And Samsung has done absolutely nothing to solve my problem. I am so disappointed by these developments it makes me feel like I have been taken advantage of by the mobile carriers and the manufacturers who continued to sell these phones knowing that they would soon become obsolete. 

Disappointed User
5 Replies
Tonbone44
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
To be fair, your phone released a month shy of 4 years ago, August 2018. In the world of tech, 4 years is basically a really long time. Samsung actually just stopped doing updates for your phones. You should be able to get money back from your note 9s as well with a trade in. Hopefully you can find a nice deal. Note 20s are still available at T-Mobile, it's really a great phone paired with Magenta Max. I get crazy fast speeds 600mbps+ and very high quality voice calling. It's currently what i operate with.
0 Likes
UserBirdPiggyC
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Ummm sorry to be a contrarian but I'm still using my note 8 with alarming success and yes high speeds despite it being a dinosaur compared to the 9.
And yes I can still place and receive voice calls. (Tho yes it's still just a 4glte.)
0 Likes
Illuminated
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I have Xfinity and have no issues. Note9.
0 Likes
userbsnaElEFAZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
D
0 Likes
Flashylife187
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I had my note 9 for 3years got rid of it in June just because I wanted a 5G fone for work
0 Likes