Original topic:

Note 9 shuts off randomly after Last update

(Topic created on: 4/10/21 8:01 AM)
userJ6nVUtFw5q
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

OK here we go again My Note 9 less than 2 years old in perfect condition is shutting down randomly (possibly when battery is discharging)  This occurred immediately after the last software update.  this is the same thing that happened last year around this time (maybe has something to do with difference in Daylight Savings Time) Last time this happened the problems with the phone got progressively worse until the point that I had to do a factory reset. What a mess that was.  An now Samsung is taking away it's backup cloud!  So I have done a soft restart several times  as per the procedure outlined to resolve the problem last time. What are the procedures this time around?  do I have to do a Factory rest again?

2 Replies
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Try this. Others have had pretty good luck with this. And I have no idea why. Go to biometrics and delete all fingerprints. Turn this off, delete them fingerprints, iris, face... Whatever other than pin. Reboot and renter your biometrics again. Others have reported this to work.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Try Triple B's method and if that doesn't work try a partition cache clear. I do this after every OS and security update to sweep out the bugs they sometimes bring (seems more and more these days). Its almost as good as the nuclear option of a factory reset without the hassle of having to back up your data. Here are the steps: https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/android/samsung-galaxy-note9/wipe-cache-partition-samsung-g...
0 Likes