Original topic:

Note 9 text messages not send over wifi

(Topic created: 04-07-2020 10:01 AM)
uservZg7C2cKIt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi all,

When sending texts through my note 9 I sometimes have to shut off the wifi for it to send. It works on the wifi some of the time though so I'm stumped. I've read through the forums and couldn't find anything. 

Please assist if you can.

Thanks 

Joe

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MB-837
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi @uservZg7C2cKIt 

Here are a few things you can try to resolve your issue. 

1. Perform a "Force Reboot". Press & hold volume down and power keys at the same time for 10 seconds. This will refresh your memory and all apps also.

2. Try to send a "new message" to the recipient. Delete all old message threads and start fresh.

3. Try to reset network settings.

If none of these work, I would suggest maybe giong to your local carrier store and get a new SIM card.

I hope this bit of info helps in any way. Have a great day. 

View solution in context

2 Replies
mchivara
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

The first thing I would try to do is reset network settings on the device and also make sure that you are getting optimal service through your carrier. If this doesn't work, it may be a carrier related issue where you may have to contact your carrier for assistance.

0 Likes
Solution
MB-837
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi @uservZg7C2cKIt 

Here are a few things you can try to resolve your issue. 

1. Perform a "Force Reboot". Press & hold volume down and power keys at the same time for 10 seconds. This will refresh your memory and all apps also.

2. Try to send a "new message" to the recipient. Delete all old message threads and start fresh.

3. Try to reset network settings.

If none of these work, I would suggest maybe giong to your local carrier store and get a new SIM card.

I hope this bit of info helps in any way. Have a great day.