Original topic:

Note8 black screen after fall

(Topic created: 09-27-2022 05:43 AM)
amiii
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

My daughters note 8 fell. & now is a black screen,  I can feel the haptic vibrate when touched so I know when it's on the main menu after putting the password pattern.  

Anyway, I've been trying to play around with it too get it to somehow transfer all data. Do tell me when samsung made this feature, did they not think about situations like this where we CAN'T always approve it on the broken phone? Is there a way I can just control it with the phone I want everything to be transferred to? 
Didn't seem to work, it's like this broken phone is asking too many questions& I can't see or it's not going through. I even plugged it in to my computer & nothing is popping up. Yes again, the broken phone is on. Thanks to the press& hold middle button, I can even talk to Google but she didn't click about turning on samsung switch 😆 thank u so much for ur advice, this is becoming a bit of a headache. 

4 Replies
amiii
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Oh BTW, I tried it with multiple transfer connections.. so that's not the issue
0 Likes
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

tl;dr ... my screen went blank for about 8 eight hours ... no idea why.

Longer version ...

Had a stressful day not long ago. I put the s21 on counter-top (screen still on) and walked away - came back in less than a minute.

The screen was black - as if the phone was powered off! Tapped the screen, tapped side buttons ... nothing!

Double-tapped the Side button and the flashlight came on, so knew it was running.

Plugged it into the desktop, fired up Smart Switch - it recognized the s21 and asked for unlock. S21 is set for fingerprints, so touched screen where I knew fingerprint scanner is - accepted it!

So we backed it up, in case we had to do a factory reset. After the backup, S.S. showed an update available, so I figured, it's not working now, maybe the update will fix it. It didn't, but interesting I did the backup and update "blindly" (with blank phone screen) 🙂

I then tried to use Dex, but it wanted a Pin, so that didn't work, since I couldn't see where the pin numbers are displayed.

About 4pm (screen went black about 8am), was sitting on the couch with the phone lying next to me, when out of the corner of my eye, I saw a phone screen light up ... it was the s21 ! Magically, the screen started working again, and has been back to normal since then. Relief !!

Might want to try Smart Switch on a desktop or laptop to do a backup ... and maybe Dex. Might also see if you can "mirror" the phone screen output to a TV
0 Likes
amiii
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Hmm I'll look into adding smart switch for my computer.
But I don't think I registered fingerprints on this phone. Ugh. Just the pattern for the screen lock.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
You can get a USB c to hdmi cable and try to display it on the screen that way. When I had a similar issue I has a DeX cable and unlocked the phone that way. As far as passcode goes if you go online to findmy and enter ur Samsung credentials tied to the phone u can remotely unlock it