Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userzTZ4SOiC4j
Asteroid

Note9 won't connect to home wifi

This seems to be a fairly common thread involving Note9 phones, but:

When I am home, I have a hard time connecting to, and keeping the connection with, my wifi. I have no issues elsewhere with wifi (primarily at work where this is currently being written from), nor do the other devices in my house seem to be experiencing this.

I have gone through the other posts' suggestions of:

Switching to static wifi,

Changing the IP address,

Toggling the wifi button,

Forgetting the home wifi,

Restarting the phone,

Attempting to connect via safe mode.

I have not reset the phone.

This is my second Note9 (the first being sent in for a warranty claim regarding this same issue.)

These issues started around the same time as the Android Pie update, and there are some days where this issue is nearly nonexistent,  and some days where I cannot connect for more than a few seconds.

What should I do?

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Note9 won't connect to home wifi

@userzTZ4SOiC4j Do you know if your phone software is up to date?

userzTZ4SOiC4j
Asteroid

Re: Note9 won't connect to home wifi

It is. I've checked multiple times. I've even gone to my service provider and seen if they had any answers. I update every time I get the prompt, as soon as the prompt comes through. I check weekly to see if there is any software updates. 

Again, this is phone number 2 that has had the exact same issue as before. Everywhere else works just fine.

Samsung_DJb9I6E
Astronaut

I recently found that my latest router firmware update tu...

I recently found that my latest router firmware update turned on my smart switch between 2.4 and 5 GHz. I have been having a problem getting my Samsung tv to connect because it was previously paired on 5G. Now that my router doesnt really broadcast a .meda for the 5G, I think my TV was stuck trying to pair to the virtual SSID, but did not authenticate through the primary. Even after resetting my network settings on it, I had to factory reset the TV.

userzTZ4SOiC4j
Asteroid

Re: I recently found that my latest router firmware update tu...

With a brand new phone, that is as up to date as possible before I even began to transfer my stuff over, I was having the exact same issues as I was in the previous phone. There was nothing that had been done to this new phone beyond turning it on and charging it. That phone was already at factory settings

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: I recently found that my latest router firmware update tu...

Is the software up to date on your router? Are you connecting to 2.4 or 5 GHz?