Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Slehmantks
Constellation

Nougat Update Issue- Sprint

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I received my Nougat update for my Note 5 about two weeks ago. I noticed yesterday that after I use the S Pen and insert it back in the phone I am prompted in any text box to handwrite stuff rather than use the keyboard. I have to restart my Note 5 to clear the issue after I have used the S Pen. I have tried a few soft resets and this hasn't resolved the issue, and I would prefer to perform a hard reset as a last resort. Does anyone else have this issue?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: Nougat Update Issue- Sprint

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You could try to wipe your cache partition, or clear the cache of the S Pen app itself, which can be found in your Application Manager. You'll want to open your Settings menu to find this, then make sure you have "Show System Apps" checked by pressing the top right area of the menu.

To wipe the cache partition, you can follow this guide here - How To: Clear the Cache Partition

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

1 REPLY 1
Honored Contributor

Re: Nougat Update Issue- Sprint

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You could try to wipe your cache partition, or clear the cache of the S Pen app itself, which can be found in your Application Manager. You'll want to open your Settings menu to find this, then make sure you have "Show System Apps" checked by pressing the top right area of the menu.

To wipe the cache partition, you can follow this guide here - How To: Clear the Cache Partition

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.