cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Phone Contacts View

JUMP TO SOLUTION

On 2 of my Samsung phones, I am not able to change the contacts to a list view. Only an icon view is available and it is useless since most of my contacts do not have images and their names are too small and are cut off.  Is there a way to switch to standard list view (there used to be but it went away with an update). (see screenshots)

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Phone Contacts View

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks - I was asking if I could change the view for the Favorites tab only.  Good to know the option is not configurable so I'll stop trying, but this tab should be configurable. The icon view in Favorites is unusable for me (my contacts haven't uploaded photos) . 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @uservmNgMQWohV. We're glad you reached out here with your concern.

Try heading over to Contacts. From there, hit the 'More' in the top right corner and then Settings. There should be a list of options there including a few under 'Display'. There you can change the layout and how the contacts are sorted.

If this doesn't help, we certainly want to assist you further with this matter. To better do that, can we have some added details about your specific device and this concern? Things that will help the most would be the exact model number and Baseband version (both under Settings>About Device) for your devices having this problem as well as your carrier, when you started noticing this happen, and what you've already tried to fix it. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Many thanks for your reply.  I have checked More and Settings and there is no option to change the Display on either phone for "Favorites". There are Display Settings for Contacts but they only relate to whether the first name is displayed first or last (see attached screenshot).

Below are the screenshots again. The shot on the left is from a Samsung Note 3 (SM-N900T) and the shot on the right is from a Samsung phone too but I don't have the model number. It is one of the lower end phones, which is my mom's. Neither give an option to change the Favorites Display. Attached is the Settings screen for the Note 3, with no way to change the view for Favorites.  

Thanks for your help.
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Many thanks for your reply.  I have checked More and Settings and there is no option to change the Display on either phone for "Favorites". There are Display Settings for Contacts but they only relate to whether the first name is displayed first or last (see attached screenshot).

Below are the screenshots again. The shot on the left is from a Samsung Note 3 (SM-N900T) and the shot on the right is from a Samsung phone too but I don't have the model number. It is one of the lower end phones, which is my mom's. Neither give an option to change the Favorites Display. Attached is the Settings screen for the Note 3, with no way to change the view for Favorites.  

Highlighted
Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, the option to view favorites will be found in Contact and you will see a star with the option to view only favorites. If this is unavailable to you, please include additional information about your device, such as,

- Full Model Number

- Current Android Version

- Current Baseban

This may help the Community in determining the best steps available to you. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for your suggestion but it does not answer my question.  My question is:  

How do I change the Favorites view to a list view instead of an icon view?

The icon view is useless since most of my contacts have not uploaded a photo and their names are in a small font and are cut off on below the photo icon. I can't find any control that would allow me to change the Favorites to List View. 

Highlighted
Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

To best assist you, providing the model number of the device would be of best help. This can be found by going to Settings -> About Device. Or it can be found on the back cover of the device. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

The model number of the phone is:  SM-N900T. 

thanks for your help. 

Highlighted
Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for the clarification, as there was some confusion. To view your favorites in list format, you will tap on the two person icon on the top right above the alphabet list. Here you can choose to view specific contact categories, such as, Favorites, ICE, and Family. 

The option to change the viewing format on the Favorites Tab is not a configurable option. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks - I was asking if I could change the view for the Favorites tab only.  Good to know the option is not configurable so I'll stop trying, but this tab should be configurable. The icon view in Favorites is unusable for me (my contacts haven't uploaded photos) . 

View solution in original post