JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Phone is stuck in light blue airplane mode - Note 10+5g

(Topic created: 07-06-2021 08:39 PM)
Itsafoul
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I have a note 10+ 5g with t-mobile that doesn't get any mobile data. This occurred after the update last Friday. I can turn airplane mode on (dark blue) but not off (grey). When airplane mode is off, hen I pull down the settings I see that airplane mode is light blue instead of gray. I contacted t-mobile and they said everything was fine on their end and to contact samsung. 

I contacted Samsung, after trying some steps. They said it's not related to the update and it must be hardware issue.and they directed me to a repair ship. That place told me hardware is good.

I have turned my phone on and off, flipped airplane mode on and off, factory restored, when into safe mode, cleared cache and replaced the Sim card. 

Anybody have any ideas on how to fix this? I feel like it's a software issue but samsung help doesn't seem to have any idea how to fix it. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SelfProclaimedBest
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
The diagnostic can miss stuff or read everything as fine when everything is fine and was downloaded fine but by some chance this "a" or that "a" just got installed wrong or not working right. Before all the flash stuff, can you take your phone to an actual t-mobile store? They should he able to re-install that update directly to your phone from there Instead of OTA. Check that out and have them do that or factory reset it just before the store or at it and have them update you to current and see.

View solution in context

0 Likes
8 Replies
SelfProclaimedBest
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Reboot into safe mode and check it out then. If the problem is still the same then it's a software issue probably and should be able to re-download the last update again, direct flash the new version etc... and normally works for fixing issues. If it doesn't still happen in safe mode then you have a bad app or rogue app probably and you'll have to get rid of it or contact the app developer directly from the app.
0 Likes
Itsafoul
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I have already tired safe mode and factory reset. I don't think it's an app issue. How do I download and direct flash the update? I already went to ubreakifix and they said the diagnostic didn't show an issue they can fix.
0 Likes
nick999
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Hiw did you fix it???
0 Likes
Solution
SelfProclaimedBest
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
The diagnostic can miss stuff or read everything as fine when everything is fine and was downloaded fine but by some chance this "a" or that "a" just got installed wrong or not working right. Before all the flash stuff, can you take your phone to an actual t-mobile store? They should he able to re-install that update directly to your phone from there Instead of OTA. Check that out and have them do that or factory reset it just before the store or at it and have them update you to current and see.

View solution in context

0 Likes
nick999
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Did you got fix??
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

This happened to me on the S9. In the most recent June 2021 update, my phone got stuck in half-enabled airplane mode, no network connection. I could connect to wifi. I brought my phone to UBreakIFix, they couldn't fix it either. I contacted Samsung support service and sent my phone into the national service center in Texas. I'm currently waiting for a response. 

0 Likes
nick999
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Any update
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

My S9 was not fixed. After I sent my phone in, two weeks later I received a replacement. Samsung support service did not give me a reason to why my phone stopped working and my case was closed.

0 Likes