JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Pie 9 causing UI contrast issues

(Topic created: 02-10-2019 06:35 PM)
userIQqqO4qtoL
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

The latest Android+Samsung Note 9 update appears to have some glitches in its system rendering contrasting fonts. The biggest issue is with the button grid in the pull down menu. (I much preferred the old icons btw.) The new icons are white on light background and unreadable when inactive. 

There are other issues systemwide, such as recipient text bubbles having white font on light background and unreadable. For some issues, switching the theme helps or fixes the issue, but often creates others. (I would post screenshots, but the US forum makes it difficult. )

Q1: was this update not tested well? Q2: I don't believe there's a way to change the system font colors? If not, what is the solution? 

28 Replies
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

have you tried dark mode?  

Settings>display>Night Mode?

It doesn't look like you can change the color, but you can switch to night mode.  Might help.  I'm still digging through settings and finding stuff every day

0 Likes
userIQqqO4qtoL
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Ahh...  can't use night mode while using a theme. Ok. This is probably an issue with themes not getting optimized. Hmmm.

userIQqqO4qtoL
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Well, I don't see any way to remove a theme, so I can't check whether the baseline/ default settings even work properly. 

Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Got me on that one. I've never found a theme I thought was good so I just use wallpaper and that's about it.  I thought most of the store bought themes were ugly.

0 Likes
userIQqqO4qtoL
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thanks for trying. You know the most upsetting thing? You can't even see the numbers on the Samsung default calendar. It's just a mass of white with a few gray lines. Guess I'm switching back to the Google calendar. 

Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userIQqqO4qtoL wrote:

Thanks for trying. You know the most upsetting thing? You can't even see the numbers on the Samsung default calendar. It's just a mass of white with a few gray lines. Guess I'm switching back to the Google calendar. 

Gotta agree there.  I used the Samsung Calendar for about 15 minutes then switched to the Google.  LOL

Samsung_XbBPvI3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Me too..I downloaded a galaxy looking theme it helps..I do not like the themes..I like my phone to be the way I got it..

0 Likes
userEjfF2Ooq2j
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I can not read the titles of the different sections I need to work with in settings. Also in CONTACTS I can not read the name of the contact. There is no font color change to be found.

0 Likes
userIQqqO4qtoL
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I finally figured out this issue , hope this helps anyone else in the same boat. Themes can be created by third parties, often smaller developers. Samsung is relying on theme developers to update their theme to work with Pie. Since there is no way to remove a theme, I had to find a theme that had been updated to work with Pie.

I have also noticed some theme developers have since offered updates for their themes. You have to look in purchased themes and notice on the right whether there is an update available. Note: I mostly have free themes and I have noticed most of them do not offer updates. You may need to find or buy a new theme that has been updated for Pie.

Good luck!