Original topic:

Pie update on Note 9

(Topic created on: 4/9/19 3:06 AM)
userWhs12vr7RN
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Too many issues to list! Can no longer schedule text messages. Bluetooth devices will no longer automatically re-pair when turned on, such as headphones or watch. This seems to be more related to the most recent update of SmartThings. Apparently if it's an ordinary Bluetooth device, SmartThings doesn't care about them.

Some things are better, but mostly I'm disappointed. And frustrated. Especially about phone recording apps having issues. This is a Google decision but Samsung and AT&T could have reworked it to allow it. After all, it's legal in most states as long as one of the parties is aware of the call being recorded. So if I record my own calls, I'm good legally. So many people are being hurt by this arbitrary decision. I have a theory that Google doesn't want us recording calls to them! I know I had to resort to it to get an issue resolved - I was getting a different answer each time I talked to someone. This issue is not up to them to police! Samsung and AT&T - reverse their control over our lives! And while your at it, put some of the options back - like scheduling text messages.

This version was not thought out thoroughly before implementing. Patch it!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Well,  as for the message scheduling,  open messenger,  type your message,  click the + sign beside the text entry.   Then click the 3 dots on the right side. You get a whole series of icons including schedule messages. 

As for the other stuff, I wouldn't consider a standard bluetooth device to be a smart thing either. But each to their own.  But my bluetooth devices connect up seamlessly everytime I turn them on. 

@userWhs12vr7RN wrote:

Too many issues to list! Can no longer schedule text messages. Bluetooth devices will no longer automatically re-pair when turned on, such as headphones or watch. This seems to be more related to the most recent update of SmartThings. Apparently if it's an ordinary Bluetooth device, SmartThings doesn't care about them.

Some things are better, but mostly I'm disappointed. And frustrated. Especially about phone recording apps having issues. This is a Google decision but Samsung and AT&T could have reworked it to allow it. After all, it's legal in most states as long as one of the parties is aware of the call being recorded. So if I record my own calls, I'm good legally. So many people are being hurt by this arbitrary decision. I have a theory that Google doesn't want us recording calls to them! I know I had to resort to it to get an issue resolved - I was getting a different answer each time I talked to someone. This issue is not up to them to police! Samsung and AT&T - reverse their control over our lives! And while your at it, put some of the options back - like scheduling text messages.

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Well,  as for the message scheduling,  open messenger,  type your message,  click the + sign beside the text entry.   Then click the 3 dots on the right side. You get a whole series of icons including schedule messages. 

As for the other stuff, I wouldn't consider a standard bluetooth device to be a smart thing either. But each to their own.  But my bluetooth devices connect up seamlessly everytime I turn them on. 

@userWhs12vr7RN wrote:

View solution in context

0 Likes