Pinch to zoom not working in youtube on note 8

Highlighted
Constellation

Pinch to zoom not working in youtube on note 8

The pinch to zoom option in the youtube app is no longer working on my note 8. Anyone knows what should I do? I went as far as deleting the cache partition and the app cache, and after that it worked for like 1 day. 

What shlould I do?

15 REPLIES
Constellation

Re: Pinch to zoom not working in youtube on note 8

Exactly! For me too! What happened? There's no option for me to use the full screen now... 

Constellation

I'm having the same issue, hopefully a solution is found soon. I've tried everything. 

Constellation

I got mine to come back, not sure what happened exactly I tried clearing cache and force stopping and restarting and nothing happened. Went to the app store to YouTube and it had the option to uninstall (not normal since this is a stock app for Note 8) did that and pressed opened. Then the pinch to zoom feature returned. Hopefully this helps for others as well. 

Constellation

I have the same issue since last Friday. It must be because of an update

Constellation

Even I had tried to use pinch to zoom feature on YouTube app . But it doesn't work now . It use to work previously but not working now . I have tried clearing cache partition and even trying disableing the app and even uninstalling the updates . But nothing worked for me . 

I was using this feature 2 days ago but suddenly when i open the YouTube app again after some time , then i was unable to use this feature . I request Samsung to give this feature back or tell a solution to this problem . Thanks for any help . 

Constellation

Same as mine dude, i had realised after the update, the function is not working... I have to uninstalled clear the cache and even wipe the cached from the OS system but still is not a permanent solution! Everytime my youtube logged off the function is aint working no more! Samsung Team please advise.
Constellation

And again i emphasize " after the phone is updated ". The pinch to zoom function is unstable, after everthing i've done it won't last! Samsung Team, please advise or perhaps you need debug the latest update that you provide us.
Supernova

Hey, I'm really sorry to hear that you are still encountering this behavior after an update. Would you mind providing us with some information about your device so that we can test a device with this update to attempt to replicate this behavior?

• Model Number
  • Baseband Version
  • Carrier

You can find this information in Settings > About Phone. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Honored Contributor

Hey, just reaching back out to see if anyone still needs assistance.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.