Original topic:

Problem with Restore after online Repair

(Topic created: 10-11-2021 04:05 PM)
userSCrIftpo9q
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I did a Repair online with my Note 8 phone. The Repair automatically did a backup of my phone on my computer. It did not go through Smart Switch. It placed the complete backup in a file (under Documents) that is titled "Samsung". There are many sub-files following.

The problem is that under most of the sub-files is a "Zip" file.

I do not know how to un-Zip these files.

I do not know how to connect the backup (on my computer) to Smart Switch.

I do not know how to bring the backup file(s) on my computer into my my Note 8 phone.

My phone has Android operating system.

Verizon is my network.

0 Likes
3 Replies
DanG92263
Sun
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Sounds like to me that, wherever you went online to repair and to back up your files, you be to visit again to restore them.

Other than that, here's info on how to unzip files in Win 10.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/zip-and-unzip-files-f6dde0a7-0fec-8294-e1d3-703ed85e7ebc
0 Likes
userSCrIftpo9q
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I agree with your suggestion. However, I don't remember if I was suing Samsung or Verizon. Possibly it was some other source...but I doubt it.

I did at some point see some Instructions for Restore pop up during the process, but I didn't copy them or note the location. never found them again.

Neither Samsung or Verizon have been able to help me with a Restore of the backup on my computer. Maybe I should go to Microsoft. Possibly they could help me un-Zip the sub-files.

I know that that backup has the same file and sub-file structure as the ones that "Smart Switch" uses...because I have compared both.

Thanks for commenting.

0 Likes
DanG92263
Sun
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Try this, please:

Connect your phone to your PC with your USB-C cable.

On the phone, go to settings and search 'Accounts and backup' and tap on 'Accounts and backup'

Then, tap 'External Storage Transfer' and follow the prompts.
0 Likes