JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Question About "Wipe Cache Partition".

(Topic created: 12-23-2019 04:57 PM)
John79x
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Wondering what the differences, if any, are between wiping the cache partition in the reboot menu and just clearing out temporary files with the device care feature might be?

Anyone know?

22 Replies
Packy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Great question, I'd like to know as well:hundred_points:

0 Likes
MikePhone
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Wipe cache cleans your internet file and old game or file you dont use anymore

0 Likes
MikePhone
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

It does not format your phone....... You have to go to general management to reset your phone to factory

0 Likes
John79x
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@MikePhone wrote:

It does not format your phone....... You have to go to general management to reset your phone to factory

???

I know what a factory data reset is.

I'm asking what the differences between "clear cache partition" in the reboot menu and just cleaning your device with the device care feature are.

Neither of these have anything to do with factory data resetting your phone. 

0 Likes
userA8hxoeiyBh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Always remember to clear your caches once a month if you are an individual who goes on the internet and plays a lot so it doesn't slow down your phone. Piece of thought! Good luck!

0 Likes
Proudmother67
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Once you are in your clear browsing, select advance and clear cache history from the beginning or whatever timeframes. If you don't want your saved username and password to remain don't check the box. You can keep your passwords stored. The rest of the cookies can be cleared without going back to the factory default. Select the three dots to the upper right of Chrome; go to privacy and clear cache/cookies. I do this regularly. I hope this helps.

0 Likes
Proudmother67
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I meant don't check the box for your password because if you do, the system will delete them. Excuse my grammar.

0 Likes
John79x
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Okay, I've known how to clear the browser history and cache since the dawn of the internet.

Another one missing the whole question here.

Clearing the cache partition and temporary files through device care deal with a lot more than just the internet.

You're talking about just the INTERNET BROWSER cache and history.

I'm talking about the PHONE SYSTEM CACHE, that you can clear with the PHONE'S REBOOT MENU.

And what is the difference between that and clearing out temporary files with the DEVICE CARE FEATURE.

0 Likes
Proudmother67
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

You can look on YouTube which provides tutorials on how to for your question

0 Likes