cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MoodiQ
Cosmic Ray

Question about pre-ordering the Note 7

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I want to pre-order the note 7. I'm in the US and my Carrier is T-Mobile. I want to pre-order the unlocked version ( without a contact or a plan ). I also checked the Samsung website and it has the note 7 pre-order for the full price  ( which I have no problem with) however I would like to know if this is the unlocked version? And if I pre-order through the Samsung website will I be eligible for the free gift that is the Gear Fit2? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Neutron Star

Re: Question about pre-ordering the Note 7

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@MoodiQ do not worry about unlocking. Carriers have some legal obligation to unlock your phone. It is not out of the goodness in their heart. That is regardless of whom you purchased it from. 

Plus there is no distinction between the T-mobile Note 7 phone you buy from Samsung and the T-mobile Note 7 phone you buy from T-Mobile. 

Superman on Galaxy S7 SM-G930T, T-Mobile, Baseband:G930TUVY3APIA
To OP: click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Godfall47
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

3. HOW TO PARTICIPATE AND RECEIVE A GIFT: A Participant must: A. During the Purchase Period, purchase a Samsung Galaxy Note7 or Galaxy S7 edge, on a device installment plan, 2-year contract plan, lease or outright purchase at full retail price (“Qualifying Purchase”). Customers purchasing from Best Buy retail locations (including online) will be subject to terms and conditions outlined by the respective retailer for point of sale redemption and are therefore not eligible for redemption on the Website or App (as defined below). Qualifying Purchase cannot be used to participate in more than one (1) Samsung offer, rebate or promotion; and

MoodiQ
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So this means that buying it from the Samsung website means I'm qualified for the gift? If so then thats good. However is the second part of my question true? Will it be unlocked or at least eligible to be unlocked. I went to T-Mobile and they told me if i buy it through them "outright" then it can be unlocked after 2 months of it being activated so if i pre-order it from samsung and choose T-Mobile as the carrier would this still apply?

Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't think anyone can answer your question at this time with certainty. 

But I don't think there is a difference. T mobile should unlock your phone after 40 days if use. They have an App that does this. 

Godfall47
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree with Superman, great name btw, mine is derived from a superman comic actually. 

No one at this time can really answer that. I would call tmobile support and ask, also call Samsungs support team. Would result in better/ faster answers.

MoodiQ
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Check my latest reply. And thanks so much for the help from both of you guys

Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@MoodiQ do not worry about unlocking. Carriers have some legal obligation to unlock your phone. It is not out of the goodness in their heart. That is regardless of whom you purchased it from. 

Plus there is no distinction between the T-mobile Note 7 phone you buy from Samsung and the T-mobile Note 7 phone you buy from T-Mobile. 

View solution in original post

MoodiQ
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I did visit one of the stores today and they told that there is no unlocked version yet but i buy it outright it will be unlocked within two month and when i asked them about if i pre-order from the Samsung website they said that they have no information about that but i went with the Samsung website since its 50$ cheaper from it and i can pick my gift (i chose the gear fit2) straight away unlike their promotion which you have to pay for them and then go to a website and then fill information and such which i think is not worth the hassle. I pre-ordered mine in Black onyx and can't wait for it to come and i guess your right i mean i paid almost 900$ I'm sure they'll not overlook that when i go for them to unlock it especially that i chose my carrier on the Samsung website as T-Mobile. Thanks for the help guys and have good day