Original topic:

Random flashing screen

(Topic created: 09-07-2021 02:40 AM)
userTUUsAEYGas
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

okay, yesterday my Samsung s9 note randomly started randomly flashing. the lower half of the green is fully white/green with flashing. If i sleep the phone for a minute it stops, then ill use it for another couple of minute only for the bottom half of the screen to flash again. If i keep the screen on with the flashing, the top half the green will get lines then the whole screen will start flashing green tinges. The screen is still responsive, i can type under the white.  This flashing is random, I havent dropped my phone is ages, granted there a few cracks on my screen but still is in pretty fair condition. I have tried to update IOS but the problem is getting worse. Any suggestions?, doesnt feel like a hardware because the phone goes through period with working perfectly

5 Replies
KreditJunkie1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Is your edge lighting feature activated? It flashes when you recieve a text, email etc. Simply swipe down your screen, go to the top where Bluetooth, wifi etc is located. Scroll from left to right until you see "EDGE LIGHTING". If that icon is blue, it's activated. Just push the icon to turn off and voila. Hope this helps! Take care...
aSeeker
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Maybe tinker with some of the Developer settings. I highly suggest a little research first though.
0 Likes
MochaVex
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
White / Green flashing is caused by the display panel being damaged. You mentioned having cracks. Would any of them happen to be on the edge of the screen? My mother had this happen to her Galaxy S9+. Don't apply pressure near the cracks or it'll get worse. Consider replacing the phone.
MarshmallowCakes
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

This is true. My galaxy s8 had a cracked screen on the very side and started flickering. I had to get my s21 to replace it

0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi, I am sorry you are experiencing these issues with your display. Since this is a physical damage issues due to the screen cracks, you will be responsible for repair costs. You can set this repair up by calling our customer service at 1-800-726-7864. Alternatively, you can do an in-person repair at a uBreakiFix location: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/ubreakifix

0 Likes