Original topic:

Recording external mic input on Samsung Galaxy Note10+

(Topic created on: 3/20/21 11:56 AM)
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I attest that the official Samsung USB-C audio adapter for Samsung Galaxy Note10+ works for recording sound inputs from a lapel microphone.

The name of the official adapter is "USB-C Headphone Jack Adapter"; the model number of the official adapter is EE-UC10JUWEGUS. The official adapter can be purchased at Samsung.com, at the following URLs.

https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/mobile-accessories/phones/usb-c-headphone-jack-adapter-ee-uc10juwe...

https://www.samsung.com/us/business/products/mobile/accessories/adapters/usb-c-headset-jack-adapter-...

I bought an official adapter at Samsung.com, received it on 16 March AD 2021, and I tested the adapter with two different lapel mics, one by Movo and another by PowerDeWise, that I bought at Amazon.com. Both worked.

When a TRRS or 4-pin 3.5mm mic plug is connected to the phone via the Samsung USB-C audio adapter, and a video is recorded using the built-in Camera app on the phone, a message that says "Recording audio through USB mic" displays on the bottom of the screen when the recording starts. The recorded voice volume is at the highest when the TRRS or 4-pin 3.5mm mic plug is used.

When a TRS or 3-pin 3.5mm mic plug is connected to the phone via the Samsung USB-C audio adapter, by using a 4-to-3-pin 3.5mm mic plug adapter, and a video is recorded using the built-in Camera app on the phone, no message displays on the bottom of the screen when the recording starts; nonetheless, voice gets recorded. The recorded voice volume is low or lower when the TRS or 3-pin 3.5mm mic plug is used.

Since TRRS or 4-pin 3.5mm plugs are intended for smartphones, and TRS or 3-pin 3.5mm mic plugs are intended for PCs and camcorders, I suppose using the TRRS or 4-pin 3.5mm plug is proper when recording voice on Samsung Galaxy Note10+ via the official USB-C audio adapter.

More information on recording sound via a lapel mic on Samsung Galaxy Note10+ is at https://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-10-note-10-plus-2019/972022-use-external-mic-s....

I got the official Samsung USB-C audio adapter for producing audiovisual contents for my AsianAmericanMan.com online content marketing. I am very satisfied with, and even impressed by, the recorded voice sound quality; the recorded voice sound quality is extremely good, and there is no noise in the sound recording other than the usual background noise or hiss that can and should be reduced using an audio mastering software program such as Adobe Audition.

The transhumanistic Asian-American man who publicly promotes and advances the science, technology, and capitalism of artificial intelligence, robotics, human immortality biotech, human genetic engineering, and mass-scale outer space humanity expansion. AsianAmericanMan.com
0 Likes
1 Reply
userzZ4eJh4HqM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thanks for your post. I experienced problems using Rode Wireless Go II mic receiver connecting straight USBC to USBC on the phone. System designed for this.

But clipping, distortion, and terrible sound are the result. Called Rode and they report that the S21Ultra (specificially, not other Samsung models) has problems with external mic not only with Rode but with other brands also. They think that it has to do with the high resolution the Ultra is designed to receive versus whatever is sent from external mic sources.

I am discouraged because I specifically purchased the Rode Wireless II GO system to be able to record good audio, especially at any distance, that cannot be recorded without many undesired effects from the native mic on the Samsung.
Can you please address this. Is it being looked at by Samsung? Is it expected there could be a solution? (Rode says that the correction has to be from Samsung end, not the mic mfgs)
Thank You.

0 Likes