JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Remove Contact from Messages App Notification Categories

(Topic created: 08-28-2022 07:31 PM)
usermZ7hn4LNuY
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
At some point I accidentally set a few text threads as "conversations" and now there are notification categories for those contacts that I can't figure out how to DELETE. I don't want to turn off notifications for these contacts, I want to delete them from this list of notification categories within the Messages App notification settings. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hello, We understand the frustration of navigating the settings on the Messages app. You can edit the conversation categories by going to Messages>Settings>Touch where is says Conversation categories>Select Edit. This gives you an option to rename or delete the categories.

View solution in context

7 Replies
Tidbitty
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Did you give them custom notificatio sounds? I believe they show up because they have that. Been a while.
0 Likes
usermZ7hn4LNuY
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
No, never...I keep my phone on Silent. I saw another post about this where they resolved it by setting the contact ring tone back to Default, even though they were already set to Default. I tried that, even tried choosing a tone then going back to Default, still no luck.
Tidbitty
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
That's a custom notification and why it shows up there. Anything other than default is "custom"
0 Likes
usermZ7hn4LNuY
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I'm not sure I understand what you mean.. All the tones and vibration patterns are still on the default the phone shipped with three years ago bc my phone lives on Silent (not vibrate, silent); the text threads were *accidentally* set as conversations somehow. In the contact info, there is no ring tone set and there never has been. Screenshot_20220829-085958_Contacts_14509_1661781598.jpg
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hello, We understand the frustration of navigating the settings on the Messages app. You can edit the conversation categories by going to Messages>Settings>Touch where is says Conversation categories>Select Edit. This gives you an option to rename or delete the categories.

usermZ7hn4LNuY
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Thanks for replying. I'm not trying to edit Conversation Categories.. I want to completely delete these NOTIFICATION CATEGORIES for contacts that were created on accident.Screenshot_20220828_212615_Settings_14506_1661740081.jpg
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Please follow the steps provided to see the option to delete the categories.