JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Removing yourself from group chat

(Topic created: 10-09-2020 08:47 AM)
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I remember vividly back when I had note 1 and 2 that I used to be able to remove myself from a group chat. It was a feature that iPhone didn't have. Now I see we no longer have this feature and imessage does. Even WhatsApp does.

What's going on here?
Why are we removing features rather than adding. Come on, we always set the trends. We need to bring this feature back.
Why should we be stuck (sometimes victimized) because someone decided to add us in a group chat. 
Come on Android and Samsung, let's do this! 
#samsungrocks #iphonessuck

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you. Regretfully, part of the Android OS has removed the ability to remove yourself from the group chat. You would need to ask the creator of the group to remove you. Alternatively, you can mute the group message. The steps are included in this article: https://bit.ly/2H6qIGk

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

6 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

What type of device are you using?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you. Regretfully, part of the Android OS has removed the ability to remove yourself from the group chat. You would need to ask the creator of the group to remove you. Alternatively, you can mute the group message. The steps are included in this article: https://bit.ly/2H6qIGk

Options
Galaxy Note Phones
thanks. I know I could mute it. I understand that ability was removed.
My post was merely a request to try to bring this feature back. Samsung, Google, if they could realize this feature is important to many, hopefully they'll work on bringing it back.
thanks for your reply. if you are able to forward my request to the developers, I'd appreciate it.
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Mjmorris
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I'll happily cosign this feature.