JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Replacement Note 10+ doesn't super fast Charge

(Topic created: 10-10-2019 07:45 AM)
userBxqouEg281
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I lost my Note 10+ and had to do an insurance claim to have it replaced. When I received it, the battery was at 56%. I put it on the original charger and it took forever (like more than 1hr) to get to 100%. So this morning when my phone reached 20%, I set a timer for one hour and started to charge it. When the timer was finished, I checked the battery and it was only at 84%. Does this sound right?

11 Replies
Solution
JDog995
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Seems to be a faulty device.

View solution in context

userBxqouEg281
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I was thinking the same thing, but hoping not!

0 Likes
userBxqouEg281
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Just now reaching 100%.

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

With the 25W charger that comes in the box, the Note10 is capable of fast charging. There is a Fast Cable charging setting that you can check to make sure it is active. However, for the super fast charging, you would need the 45W charger.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userBxqouEg281
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

SamsungRei, I guess I have my post labeled wrong. I do realize I need the 45w to superfast charge. I should have said fast charge! When I got my brand new Note 10+, from 10% it would take less than an hour to charge to 100%. Now I have a warranty replacement that's taking 1hr 33min to reach 100% from 20%. Just doesn't seem right to me.

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I agree. It should definitely be charging faster. Were you able to locate the setting and make sure it is on?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userBxqouEg281
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Yes, it's onScreenshot_20191010-191706_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Please send a private message with your model code and IMEI number so I can look into this further. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Charkatak
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userBxqouEg281 wrote:

I lost my Note 10+ and had to do an insurance claim to have it replaced. When I received it, the battery was at 56%. I put it on the original charger and it took forever (like more than 1hr) to get to 100%. So this morning when my phone reached 20%, I set a timer for one hour and started to charge it. When the timer was finished, I checked the battery and it was only at 84%. Does this sound right?

Download Ampere app from Play Store and look at the mA rate 

Also on the lock screen, see if it shows "fast charging or charging"

0 Likes