Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vik1085
Constellation

Replacement Note 7 losing battery power

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Has anyone noticed their new Samsung

replacement battery losibg juice a lot quicker than the original one. I only have Wi-Fi on and I'm noticing my battery life is draining at a much quicker pace than my original "bad" Note 7. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Vik1085
Constellation

Re: Replacement Note 7 losing battery power

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So what happened was when I got my replacement I did the Samsung backup to restore my settings and apps. I read somewhere that you should install everything all over to optimize the phone's system. So I did a factory reset and just imported just my contacts but installed everything all over. Seems to be working because my battery is stable now and not losing power to quick. 

4 REPLIES 4
Moremike08
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have do not have that problem but a friend of mine said her phone's battery is draining much much faster than the original one before she returned it. She is very upset I would call Samsung and see if all the new note 7 replacements use the same battery and if not see what they will do for you. 

Highlighted
Maris
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine was like that for the first few days, but now it has settled and actually lasts longer than my original. I usually use mobile data but turn on wifi overnight so things can backup. Maybe you have a bad or incompatible app from your prior phone causing a problem.

Jme98
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've noticed that too, but even more disconcerting is the fact that when I'm charging it, it gets MUCH hotter than the "bad"one it replaced! 

Vik1085
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So what happened was when I got my replacement I did the Samsung backup to restore my settings and apps. I read somewhere that you should install everything all over to optimize the phone's system. So I did a factory reset and just imported just my contacts but installed everything all over. Seems to be working because my battery is stable now and not losing power to quick.