JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S Pen/Navigation Bar

(Topic created: 10-13-2019 07:32 AM)
userOy12cZ8k3W
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Why does the s pen not control the navigation bar? Swiping up does nothing unless I use my finger. I have looked for some setting for it but I can't find it. Why do I have to put the pen down to change between apps?? Please advise what I'm missing?

0 Likes
6 Replies
Solution
userilWm6URGv3
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

In your navigation bar settings there is a setting to block s pen from activating the full screen gestures. You can turn it off from there.

userOy12cZ8k3W
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Awesome thank you for your help!

userilWm6URGv3
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

No problem

0 Likes
Dreadsta
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Is there any way to use gesture navigation with the S-pen? I figured that when I had my S-pen out I could use the pen instead of my finger to navigate around, but it only works with my finger. I thought I was I able to do this on my Note 9. Maybe I'm remembering it wrong... Any ideas of thought are appreciated.

0 Likes
NBI
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi @Dreadsta 

No, on Note 9 guester Navigation is only available through your fingers like closing and opening apps not through Spen. You are mostly only able to click pictures , pause song and other stuff from Spen on Note 9. Samsung introduced Air Command or guester navigation from Spen in Note 10 devices which let's control and navigate your device through Spen . So on Note 9 it is only through fingers.

Sincerely,

NBI

If my post has been beneficial to you, please don't forget to Like my post. If my reply resolved your questions or issues:white_heavy_check_mark:, please Mark it as solution by pressing the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

0 Likes
CtrlZThis
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

There are a few options yes but since I typically dont use them, I'll just try to point out where they are if you haven't found them.  Settings / Advanced Features / SPen / Air Actions. 

Can also scroll all the way down on that SPen page and under General it will show you the features available. 

0 Likes