JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S Pen writes without touching the screen

(Topic created: 12-12-2019 11:30 AM)
userHwOGObyJYL
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have a Note 10+. When writing on the phone with the S Pen, the screen continues to register writing when the pen is not actually touching the screen after each stroke (especially when the pen is close to the screen). It creates sort of a "drag" or a "tail" between strokes. Frankly quite annoying. I've used older note tablets and never had this issue. 

I've turned off increase screen sensitivity and it helped a little bit but this still happens each time I take a note. I wonder if it's something with the screen or the pen tip? 

I've attached an example on this issue after even training myself to prevent this as much as I can. The drags are circled in blue. 

Screenshot_20191212-132831_Samsung Notes.jpg

Is there a solution to this - can't be just me having this issue. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Brandon_Snote
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Newer S Pens have pressure sensitivity in the tip, it could be stuck. I was able to hold the tip in almost an inch off the screen and it would still write. Can you replace the current tip, or take it out and put it back again? Worst case scenario a new S Pen should solve it

View solution in context

6 Replies
Solution
Brandon_Snote
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Newer S Pens have pressure sensitivity in the tip, it could be stuck. I was able to hold the tip in almost an inch off the screen and it would still write. Can you replace the current tip, or take it out and put it back again? Worst case scenario a new S Pen should solve it

userHwOGObyJYL
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Ok this solved my problem,  thanks much!

userq7IDLMbNS0
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I also had this problem when I changed tips. The problem is that the stylus detects when you push down, even slightly. So if you push the new tip too far into the stylus, the pressure sensor is in effect always on. Like Brandon said, try pulling the tip out and putting it back in gently and not so deep.

0 Likes
uservyPs8EPRug
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I had a similar problem. I found that tip of pen is tilted down, when i corrected the tip position it worked back fine

0 Likes
shondalou
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I am having the same issue, got a new pen, it worked for a few days now its doing it again.
0 Likes
JGable85
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I'm having the exact same issue with my S7 Plus Tablet especially when I'm drawing on my digital art apps and it's extremely annoying when you're trying to do you Line Art !! I haven't tried doing anything to the tip or tried buying another S-Pen yet but I was reading all of the comments on here and I noticed that nobody had said anything about it possibly having something to do with the Magnets ! Well I'm not sure what all devices you guys are using but my S7 Plus Tablet S-Pen sticks on the back of the Tablet in a slot made for it and it is held in place by a Magnet. Plus i know my Tablet Case also has a Magnet in it to . From what all I've read online I believe the majority of my Tablet Cases all seem to have Magnets in them also. I could be wrong and the Magnet may not be affecting the S-Pen at all but I know everyone is saying that it prevents them from writing or drawing in certain areas on their Smartphone or Tablet. Just a thought in case the Magnet is affecting more than preventing the S-Pen from writing or drawing in certain areas