cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usermyXJ4T1MU6
Asteroid

S note issues in note 5

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Recently i updated my note 5 to nougat and since then i an having issues with SNote. Its very laggy and takes a lot of time to load. Everytime i edit the note,  i will have close it go out of the app and restart it to make changes. Is anyone experiencing similar issues.? Any help? Also when i remove my s pen when my phone is closed s note doesn't automatically start. Help. ..

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: S note issues in note 5

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Note 5 as well that recently just updated to Nougat. However, before even doing anything on my newly updated phone, I made sure to immediately clean the cache partition of the phone. This is a great step to perform after any major update applied to your phone. It helps get rid of any residual system data that could cause small annoyances such as what you explained. If you're not sure how to wipe the cache partition, you can do so by following the guide here - How To: Clear the Cache Partition

You'll also want to check both the Galaxy Store app, as well as the regular Play Store for any/all new updates to your applications. This way you're not behind on anything on your phone. Let's start with this, and we'll continue from there. My phone currently does not have these problems, and I just double checked on the S Note starting up automatically when the S Pen comes out, all good here. So we'll get you back to that!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: S note issues in note 5

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Note 5 as well that recently just updated to Nougat. However, before even doing anything on my newly updated phone, I made sure to immediately clean the cache partition of the phone. This is a great step to perform after any major update applied to your phone. It helps get rid of any residual system data that could cause small annoyances such as what you explained. If you're not sure how to wipe the cache partition, you can do so by following the guide here - How To: Clear the Cache Partition

You'll also want to check both the Galaxy Store app, as well as the regular Play Store for any/all new updates to your applications. This way you're not behind on anything on your phone. Let's start with this, and we'll continue from there. My phone currently does not have these problems, and I just double checked on the S Note starting up automatically when the S Pen comes out, all good here. So we'll get you back to that!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

View solution in original post