cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

S20 Note . Can you record 8k to micro SD card?

Hello. 
 Above this my query unanswered by the Samsung God's,  unknowing of their own power, that they hold within their hand.
I must ask before I return to my master in the castle: which SD card of the micro biology is mostly likely to work within the technology hidden within his extraordinary brain Nòte Ultimate  brain. 
(And don't forget it!)
18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: S20 Note . Can you record 8k to micro SD card?

No, even recording at UHD (4K) 60fps will auto force it to save to internal storage, even if you have a 4k capable micro sd, without going through some hoops.
Highlighted
Astronaut

Thanks.. I wish I had the advantages of your intellectual capabilities earlier because this 128GB is just not going to do very well and they replaced it for me because even they don't know it won't go to the SD card
Highlighted
Astronaut

Darn.
anybody do class action?.
thanks logical.!
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Too much credit for me man lol, I only know this because I've been using a 256gb SD card from Samsung from when note 7 pre-orders were going on, that one is 4k compatible it says, there is a catch, if you try and go into my files and move a 4k or 8k video to the sd card, or if you are just transfer alot of media that is 4gbs or higher at a single time, it won't happen. You could also try to record whatever you're doing, once ur finished recorded go into gallery > go to that video and press the pen tab 2nd from the bottom left corner, and just trim the video by like a second, then at the top where it says resolution, keep it on original but turn on HEVC compression as this would benefit storage space especially with 4k or 8k videos.
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Re: S20 Note . Can you record 8k to micro SD card?

Thanks much.
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

In my opinion I would prefer recording at 4k 60fps rather than 8k at 24 frames, thats just my preference, your eye's naturally see 24 already but all you're getting is more pixels for good coloring, but for me the 60fps takes it away. I'm using both a note & S 20 Ultra atm and thats what I prefer.
Highlighted
Astronaut

... your eyes naturally see 24fps? you've been given way too much credit. Vision can not and is not measured in God and never will be casie in point there's distinct differences at 360fps matched with 360hz refresh. but you'll never know that 🤷😐
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

lol Bro I edit & make videos professionally, pretty sure you don't know squat lol. This is common knowledge
Highlighted
Astronaut

Well the people at Samsung don't know squat either because they replaced my phone.