cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

SCAM! PHONE Mailed to us that we did not purchase!

I'm here to report that we received a phone in the mail, New Samsung note 5G. Delivered via fedex two day shipment. We did not order it. We called Samsung to say it was sent in error and to return it. After more than an hour on the phone... they would not return it. Someone used our name, address, and phone number, but a different email and "credit card" to pay for it. Since we don't know the mail or the card number they said we can't return it.  They said maybe someone just bought you a phone because it has been billed to a credit card and that person never called to get it returned. So.... 6 weeks later we receive a bill in the mail for 1299.99 The billing company is a third party and they don't answer their phone, you can go to their site and contact them on line.. ( it looks shady and you have to enter more information about yourself that they shouldn't have). So I call Samsung again, I end up in the call center in India. They again tell me they can't help me because I don't know the email address or the card number. They say I need to talk to the billing company and offer to transfer me, to which I said I have already been on hold there for more than an hour a couple of times, so I don't want to do that again. She replies that I'm calling the wrong number, I reply it's the number on the bill, she said they changed it I'll transfer you... this happened quickly after I said this is a fraudulent scam.  Since nobody will talk to me, I'm here to see if anyone else has had this experience.  I have conclued that the company or employee is sending the phones out, making commission and their third party billing company is collecting the $$ from people afraid not to pay a bill.  

2 REPLIES 2
Astronaut

Re: SCAM! PHONE Mailed to us that we did not purchase!

i would not worry and just keep it in any corner of the room.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: SCAM! PHONE Mailed to us that we did not purchase!

I would recommend reaching out to our E-Commerce department for further assistance regarding this. They can be directly reached at 855-726-8721.