Original topic:

Samsung Calendar bug

(Topic created: 05-21-2021 05:19 AM)
user298JXBJ8qs
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I presume there was a recent update that caused this bug:

When creating a calendar entry, there is an autofill of often-used entries. It shows entry name and time frame. I would simply tap on an autofill entry, the entry name and timeframe populates, and then I save. For context, because I work at a hospital, my shift varies a lot. One such shift is 6am-230pm, and I title it as "Work 6 shift". So when I tap on a date to start creating a calendar entry, I start typing "Work 6" and I see an autofill entry for "Work 6 shift 6am-230pm" and I tap on that. When working properly, it fills in the calendar entry as "Work 6 shift" and the event occurs from 6am-230pm. The current bug is that the event time no longer fills in; instead it defaults to wherever I had clicked on Week view, e.g 7am-8am.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Blue7
Sun
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

which note model do you have? 

have you tried to clear the cache and data?

submit an error report via samsung members app (+ button > error report)

0 Likes
user298JXBJ8qs
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Note 10+.

I did submit an error report, and then I got a completely unrelated canned response about daylight savings time.
0 Likes
user298JXBJ8qs
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I just tried clearing cache and data, problem persists.
0 Likes
Blue7
Sun
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

have you tried to log out from all accounts and log back in? maybe re-sync it?

0 Likes
user298JXBJ8qs
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Just tried, didn't work. Is the autofill function I described working for you? Because if it's not, then it's a Samsung bug, and any more troubleshooting I try probably won't work.
0 Likes
user298JXBJ8qs
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Edit: got a second response from Samsung, it is a bug. However, another method to achieve the autofill is to create an event using the + button at the bottom right. I just have to change the date.
0 Likes